Dynamic Planet B/C

katzmeow
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Post by katzmeow »

lol good question! The question was actually: "A lake with greater than 25 SPU's is considered to be colored. What does SPU stand for?" and we had no idea :p

so I just searched and found this: http://www.pearl.maine.edu/glossary/misc/color.htm
It stands for "Standard Platinum Units"
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

The answer is the sun's energy, since it causes evaporation and indirectly causes all of the other steps, while gravity only causes runoff, and not much else.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
fossilsfreak
Division: B

Post by fossilsfreak »

Celeste wrote:Has anybody had any questions at invitationals or regionals with topographic maps yet? There were a couple at our regionals, we just had to identify some features that were marked on the map.
Every tests I've taken at invitationals have had topographic maps where you had to identify landmarks. We also had a test where we had to draw our own features on a fairly blank topo-map.
Hope this helps!!!!:)
ramyar
State: NY

Post by ramyar »

Can someone type up what it lists the event will include in the manual? I can't find my manual lol....
gigaboo
Division: C
State: UT

Post by gigaboo »

I'm new to this event and have no idea where to begin. If someone can help me find where to start, I don't mind studying. And are there any practice tests out there? What are the questions like? Multiple choice, or do it kind of things?
Mr. Cool
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: TN

Post by Mr. Cool »

gigaboo wrote:I'm new to this event and have no idea where to begin. If someone can help me find where to start, I don't mind studying. And are there any practice tests out there? What are the questions like? Multiple choice, or do it kind of things?
Check out the wiki page for this event.
Check out my Wiki page! [wiki]User:Mr. cool[/wiki]
2012 Events:
Dynamic Planet
Sounds of Music
Optics
Remote Sensing

Conveniently here to save Princess Zelda.
FueL

Post by FueL »

gigaboo wrote:I'm new to this event and have no idea where to begin. If someone can help me find where to start, I don't mind studying. And are there any practice tests out there? What are the questions like? Multiple choice, or do it kind of things?
The questions really depend on the test writer. Expect almost anything: some MC, vocab, fill the blanks, short answer, situational questions, and hands on things like marking up a map or drawing a profile.
ornithology, forestry, entomology, triple E, green generation, water quality, dynamic planet (lakes & rivers), awesome aquifers, meteorology, robot arm, write it do it. :)
A cone of depression occurs when you drop your scoop of ice cream on the ground on a hot summer day.
fossilsfreak

Post by fossilsfreak »

Does anyone know any good websites for vocab that might be on the test?
Every practice test I take has vocab, but nothing like vocab on the previous test. Is anyone else having this problem?
personasaurus rex

Post by personasaurus rex »

fossilsfreak wrote:Does anyone know any good websites for vocab that might be on the test?
Every practice test I take has vocab, but nothing like vocab on the previous test. Is anyone else having this problem?
I loooooove using quizlet. It gets really picky with the words you use, like if you use the plural form of a word they don't accept it, but it's actually reaaaally good practice! Don't search "Dynamic Planet" because chances are you won't find anything, but try things like "lakes" or "rivers" or "groundwater" etc.
2012: Forensics, Dynamic Planet, Sounds of Music, Water Quality, Write It Do It
Frogger4907
Division: Grad
State: KS

Post by Frogger4907 »

agree but make sure u don't search dynamic planet.
Ornithology State Champion
Gravity Vehicle State Champion
Thermodynamics State Champion
Remote Sensing State Champion
20 Div C State Medals

Return to “2011 Study Events”