Most competitive state

hexagonaria
Division: C
State: OH
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Most competitive state

Post by hexagonaria »

It's tough being in Ohio :roll: you won't be seeing me in Orlando, that's for sure. (You might see me at OSU though)
DFTBA
French_Toast

Post by French_Toast »

hexagonaria wrote:It's tough being in Ohio :roll: you won't be seeing me in Orlando, that's for sure. (You might see me at OSU though)
That it is. What school are you from(not to be creepy)? West Liberty here, getting ready to head up to Mentor for tomorrow.
2011 Events: Anatomy & Physiology, Disease Detectives, Ecology, Microbe Mission, Mission Possible, Optics, Birds, Protein Modeling, Technical Problem Solving
2012 Events: Anatomy & Physiology, Disease Detectives, Elastic Gliders, Trees, Microbe Mission, Protein Modeling, Remote Sensing
hexagonaria

Post by hexagonaria »

French_Toast wrote:
hexagonaria wrote:It's tough being in Ohio :roll: you won't be seeing me in Orlando, that's for sure. (You might see me at OSU though)
That it is. What school are you from(not to be creepy)? West Liberty here, getting ready to head up to Mentor for tomorrow.
Im from pick central. Not a very competitive school in the past, but the class of 2015 is changing that! Our division b school, ridgeview, hadn't been to states since the 80s, but yours truly, and my friends sent them to osu for the past two years :) hopefully we can do the same now that we are in division c. We'll see I guess.
Do you go to states usually? (and no, i'm not going to mentor. Wsu was all the invitational I can handle this year)
DFTBA
French_Toast

Post by French_Toast »

hexagonaria wrote:
French_Toast wrote:
Im from pick central. Not a very competitive school in the past, but the class of 2015 is changing that! Our division b school, ridgeview, hadn't been to states since the 80s, but yours truly, and my friends sent them to osu for the past two years :) hopefully we can do the same now that we are in division c. We'll see I guess.
Do you go to states usually? (and no, i'm not going to mentor. Wsu was all the invitational I can handle this year)
Ahh, I've seen you guys before methinks. I think our high school team has always made it to state, might have missed once(in 5 years of existing). Piqua regionals is fairly soft competition compared to invites(no offense to anyone there). Centerville wins it, Beavercreek normally takes second, and WLS/Alter/Northmont can all beat each other on any given day. Last year we sent 4 teams to state and we went with Alter, but this year 5 will go.

Just got back from Mentor, well ran tournament actually. Awards got off nicer than WSU, I got home at 10 from both, but WSU is an hour away, and Mentor is 3-4, depending on how fast you drive.
2011 Events: Anatomy & Physiology, Disease Detectives, Ecology, Microbe Mission, Mission Possible, Optics, Birds, Protein Modeling, Technical Problem Solving
2012 Events: Anatomy & Physiology, Disease Detectives, Elastic Gliders, Trees, Microbe Mission, Protein Modeling, Remote Sensing
hexagonaria

Post by hexagonaria »

well good luck then, it sounds like you guys have a good chance of advancing ;)
If you do, I can cheat off you in remote sensing. I suck at remote sensing :?
DFTBA
Mr Tower
Division: B
State: MA

Post by Mr Tower »

Wow. Looking at all these comments about reigionals, I feel so lucky we get to go to states automatically and out of the 20 years of existing, my team has only lost states once and only by a single point in 2005. But that still doesn't mean it's a given by any measure. I'm so scared for states on SATURDAY because I think this year will be really competitive with tons of new teams and everything like that. This would be a bad year to lose because of where the tournament is especially... :?
2011 states: Anatomy: 3rd, Disease Detectives: 3rd, Fossils: 1st, and WIDI: 1st
2012 states: Towers 1st
2013 states: Road Scholar 1st, Boomilever 2nd, Metric Mastery 2nd
Team: 1st, 1st, 1st
2013 nationals: Road Scholar 7th, Boomilever 38th, Metric Mastery 2nd
Team: 24th
Coolidge middle school
hlygh2008
Division: B
State: CA

Post by hlygh2008 »

i believe churchill is the most competetive division B cshool. they carry 2 teams and got 1st place every year in Norcal regionals besides last year. Unfortunetly my school has to go against them:(
2012 events: Mousetrap vehicle, Rocks and Minerals, Road Scholar, Meteorology, Reach for the Stars.
2013 hopefuls: Heredity, Disease Detectives, Anatomy and Physiology, Helicopters, Rocks and Minerals
foreverphysics
Division: Grad
State: AL

Post by foreverphysics »

Statewise...NY, Ohio, or NorCal would be most competitive.
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"
geminicross
State: GA

Post by geminicross »

hlygh2008 wrote:i believe churchill is the most competetive division B cshool. they carry 2 teams and got 1st place every year in Norcal regionals besides last year. Unfortunetly my school has to go against them:(
No, I believe
JC Booth (most competitive school of all time, have more national titles)
Solon (Mos competitive school as of late)

are both ahead of Churchil, and there may be others.
I think most states that send 2 teams can be considered competitive.
foreverphysics
Division: Grad
State: AL

Post by foreverphysics »

AL sends two teams.
We ain't competitive. And neither is Indiana.
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"

Return to “2012 Nationals”