Remote Sensing C

Jim_R
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0

Remote Sensing C

Post by Jim_R »

-The path of the Administrator is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

-Nothing\'s gonna get deleted. We\'re gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what\'s Fonzie like? Come on, what\'s Fonzie like?
-Cool?
-Correctamundo. And that\'s what we\'re gonna be. We\'re gonna be cool. Now, I\'m gonna count to three, and when I count three, you let go of your mouse, and back away from the keyboard. But when you do it, you do it cool. Ready? One... two... three.
Paleomaniac
Division: C
State: CA

Re: Remote Sensing C

Post by Paleomaniac »

This is going to be the same as last year right??? Earth's Hydrosphere...
These users thanked the author Paleomaniac for the post:
dchen22 (March 13th, 2020, 8:57 pm)
2015 events: Experimental Design, Fossils, Technical Problem Solving
Event Experience: Ornithology, Fossils, Experimental Design, Anatomy, Storm the Castle, Remote Sensing, Thermodynamics, Rocks and Minerals, Technical Problem Solving, Forensics, Anatomy and Physiology
Seracon
State: MN
Been thanked: 0

Post by Seracon »

Paleomaniac wrote:This is going to be the same as last year right??? Earth's Hydrosphere...
Who knows? :D In all likelihood it'll be the same.
MN Geologic Mapping Regional & State Coordinator
Gopher Science Olympiad Invitational Co-Chair (Div B)
http://sciolyumn.wordpress.com/about/
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

According to soinc.org's Short Event Descriptions, Hydrosphere will be the focus of Remote Sensing again this year.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
Paleomaniac
State: CA

Post by Paleomaniac »

awesome, i really enjoyed last years topic... wasn't too large of a topic and also wasn't too narrow to make it too easy. I feel that the maps and charts should be little more hi-res because it was sometimes harder to tell the difference between colors and boundary lines
2015 events: Experimental Design, Fossils, Technical Problem Solving
Event Experience: Ornithology, Fossils, Experimental Design, Anatomy, Storm the Castle, Remote Sensing, Thermodynamics, Rocks and Minerals, Technical Problem Solving, Forensics, Anatomy and Physiology
JSGandora
State: NJ

Post by JSGandora »

Does anyone know how useful the Remote Sensing CD in the Science Olympiad Store is?
JSGandora

Post by JSGandora »

I'm doing a practice test and I can't find where I got it from. It might be the test exchange but I checked and it's not there. Is there any possibility that it was removed? The first page is a True/False page with the first question being:

The human eye can separate 100 times more gray scale values than it can color combination. The following sections are Multiple Choice, Short Answer, Problems, and then Imagery. I can't find this test online for some odd reason.
TheGenius
State: KS

Post by TheGenius »

JSGandora wrote:I'm doing a practice test and I can't find where I got it from. It might be the test exchange but I checked and it's not there. Is there any possibility that it was removed? The first page is a True/False page with the first question being:

The human eye can separate 100 times more gray scale values than it can color combination. The following sections are Multiple Choice, Short Answer, Problems, and then Imagery. I can't find this test online for some odd reason.
Well, if it was removed, there should at least be a link to it in the history, though the file might have been deleted.
Any opinions expressed by TheGenius are those of individual brain cells and not necessarily those of the brain as a whole. Use information provided at your own risk.
152sQFbSTLEmeLiqUEWxmrEDpdiWKGvXJD

JSGandora

Post by JSGandora »

Hm, my friend who did that test said it was from the Test Exchange. Looking at the history I cannot find any activity of it being removed. There are two questions that I cannot find the answer to. Could someone post the answer to these (not numbered the same as in the test itself)?

1. The best satellite for isolating chlorophyll absoption would be:
A Spot
B Landsat MSS
C GOES
D Landsat TM

2. A plane flying at 12,000 feet has two cameras, both cameras have the same focal length, one camera uses a 35 mm film size and the other uses a 240 mm film size. How would this affect the ground area recorded by the camera? A diagram would help. 2 pts
TheGenius
State: KS

Post by TheGenius »

JSGandora wrote:1. The best satellite for isolating chlorophyll absoption would be:
A Spot
B Landsat MSS
C GOES
D Landsat TM
I'm not sure what that would be, since I think all of those satellites cover chlorophyll's peak absorption. But several bands Landsat's TM are designed for measuring various properties of vegetation. I have no idea about the second question.
Any opinions expressed by TheGenius are those of individual brain cells and not necessarily those of the brain as a whole. Use information provided at your own risk.
152sQFbSTLEmeLiqUEWxmrEDpdiWKGvXJD

Return to “2013 Study Events”