Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: KY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nationals Results

Post by Dark Sabre »

Pleiades wrote:We didnt enter BLG, Scrambler, and Robo-cross because 1. we cant afford those and 2. no one wanted to do them.
We actually attempted to do BLG and Robo-cross but the BLG broke [wouldnt have worked anyway] and the Robo-cross never got finished [or started] by our robotics team
I don't know about BLG, but entry-level scramblers are really cheap, and can work fairly well. If anyone on your team owns K-nex, you can build one at no cost.
oceangirl.007
Division: C

Post by oceangirl.007 »

:D
Last edited by oceangirl.007 on December 18th, 2010, 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

What team are you on, and what state? 9th is really good.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
sciolykid101
State: TN

Post by sciolykid101 »

oceangirl.007 wrote:I was in B division last year. Our team got 9th in Nationals (disappointing compared to last year...). I guess we slacked a bit too much =P
Hopefully this year in C Division our team will do better =)...It's def a lot harder than B Division...
Yeah. C Division is a lot harder. Oceangirl.007, what events are you doing and are you on the A team at your HS? 9th is pretty good. My HS usually gets Top 20s, not Top 30s like my Division B school.
2010 Events: Anatomy, Astronomy, Cell Biology, Protein Modeling
Looking forward to the '11 SO season!
Tennessee! Image
oceangirl.007

Post by oceangirl.007 »

I was in West Windsor Plainsboro Community Middle School last year. (I was in that team for two years: in 2007 we got 1st at Nats and in 2008 we got 9th). This year I'm in West Windsor Plainsboro High School North (last year the HS team got 9th at nationals -- it was also our HS team's first year at nats.)

We're from NJ.
sciolykid101

Post by sciolykid101 »

oceangirl.007 wrote:I was in West Windsor Plainsboro Community Middle School last year. (I was in that team for two years: in 2007 we got 1st at Nats and in 2008 we got 9th). This year I'm in West Windsor Plainsboro High School North (last year the HS team got 9th at nationals -- it was also our HS team's first year at nats.)

We're from NJ.
What events?
Tennessee! Image
captbilly

Post by captbilly »

dickyjones wrote:Plus there's always a chance that teams will complain about their tests being graded unfairly/wrong which could cause some annoying problems. Probably a lot easier (and more realistic to complete in like 5 hours) to organize everything without giving the tests back, though I'll admit it would be nice to be able to see your mistakes.
What about the very likely possibility that the test was incorrectly graded? I have been to some competitions where it was obvious that the event coordinator knew very little about the event. I'm not blaming them, they are volunteering their time and they often are begged by the organizers to do the job even if they don't know the subject, but they certainly make lots of mistakes. It is terribly demoralizing to a competitor to get a worse grade on a test then they deserved because the event coordinator didn't know the material as well as the competitor. I can certainly see how we could be opening the doors to lots of appeals if we were allowed to see the graded tests but wouldn't we rather have the correct answer rather then the quickest possible path to an awards cerimony?
rman

Post by rman »

I wish I got medals at Nationals, maybe this year.
oceangirl.007

Post by oceangirl.007 »

At nationals in 2007 I did Rocks and Minerals, Oceanography, and Don't Bug Me (entomology).
I got 4th in Rocks and Mins., 5th in Oceanography, and something in the top 20th for Don't Bug Me (The test was too easy and too long...so, you basically had to get everything right to get top 10).

At nationals in 2008 I did Rocks and Minerals, Oceanography, Science Word, and Write it Do it (lots of events b/c I was a "senior" on the team--which means I was a freshman on the B team ;) ...and some people on my team thought I always got first in all my event---(always was at regionals and states...but not at nats :( )
I got a 2nd in Oceanography! Hurray! :D
Somewhere in the top 20 for Rocks and Mins and Write it Do it.
Not so well In Science Word (my partner changed from states to nats and we never got to practice much...although I did get a 1st at states :D )

Hopefully, this year on the C team, we go to nats!!!! (As I said before, C is A LOT harder than B, even if you've been to nats w/ B)

Sciolykid, what's A team? (By B and C teams I mean B Division--Middle School and C Division--High School)
Last edited by oceangirl.007 on February 10th, 2009, 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
sciolykid101

Post by sciolykid101 »

A Team means the COMPETING Team. Or the Varsity team, which they call in other schools.
Tennessee! Image

Return to “2009 Nationals”