Chengine
Division: C
State: MO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Sounds of Music C

Post by Chengine »

ahsettle23 wrote:Marimba and flute

Our flute had a full key system so it could play the full range chromatic scale and the marimba (if i do say so myself) sounded really nice. We think the key system was probably what won us our creativity points.
Wow I saw you guys practicing outside the room, and lemme just say, your instruments looked/sounded absolutely amazing!!

My flute was extremely simple, but I guess my partner's marimba pulled it off and we got 5th. :P
Ladue High School 2014
Nationals Results:
2011: Sounds[5], Ornithology[44]
2012: Sounds[44], Fermi[3], Chem Lab[9]
2013: DP[23], Fermi[7], Chem Lab[21], Mat Sci[6]
2014: TPS[ ], Mat Sci[ ], Machines[ ]
trophymursky
Division: Grad
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Sounds of Music C

Post by trophymursky »

Also, I would like to point out that the last time this event was around (07 and 08) the quality in instruments increased drastically after a year. At Nats in 07 I'd say there was only one team with 2 good instruments (Troy that year, they had an alto trombone and a really nice guitar and deservedly won) and almost every team had a Tuba-phone from the blue man group (which I think is why they banned percussion instruments this year). In 08 there were numerous teams that with 2 top quality instruments. I made a marimba and my parter made a really nice violin and it got 2nd and Penncrest had a really nice Steel Drum and Guitar and only got 3rd (when I'm sure they would have dominated in 07). I feel next year many teams will find a way to do wind instruments that cover the entire range and sound beautifully.
rip sounds of music

Return to “2011 Build Events”