Anatomy B/C

TheGenius
Division: Grad
State: KS
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by TheGenius »

Why does the muscle list on the Anatomy Wiki lead to a different muscle list?
Any opinions expressed by TheGenius are those of individual brain cells and not necessarily those of the brain as a whole. Use information provided at your own risk.
152sQFbSTLEmeLiqUEWxmrEDpdiWKGvXJD

paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by paleonaps »

That is the muscle list, with pictures. I hate to brag, but... my idea!
Brown University 2017
2009 B Division National Ecology Champion
4 time National Medalist
Farewell Science Olympiad. We will meet again.
aubrey048
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: AL

Post by aubrey048 »

paleonaps wrote:That is the muscle list, with pictures. I hate to brag, but... my idea!
I get some credit too though! I added a few pictures! ;)

But, all bragging aside, it really is a nice resource. There are some other great resources on the Anatomy wiki page under links that I encourage everyone to at least glance at. They helped me a lot. Also, invest in a good anatomy textbook, as was mentioned WAY earlier on this thread.
Plotting the function of the universe for efficiency without your permission.

Projected 2011-2012 Events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Disease Detectives, Tower, Optics, Helicopter.
Past Events: Anatomy (7th), Helicopter (6th), Mission Possible (1st), Write It Do It (4th, 8th), Ornithology (5th).
TheGenius

Post by TheGenius »

Any opinions expressed by TheGenius are those of individual brain cells and not necessarily those of the brain as a whole. Use information provided at your own risk.

aubrey048
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by aubrey048 »

Good point, TheGenius! I'll have to fix that.

Edit: It has been fixed. Thanks again!

Projected 2011-2012 Events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Disease Detectives, Tower, Optics, Helicopter.
Past Events: Anatomy (7th), Helicopter (6th), Mission Possible (1st), Write It Do It (4th, 8th), Ornithology (5th).
TheGenius

Post by TheGenius »

The link appears to be broken.

Edit: Just remembered I could fix it myself.

Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Kokonilly »

paleonaps wrote:That is the muscle list, with pictures. I hate to brag, but... my idea!
Was it really? I don't remember how I found out about it, I just sat down and filled in everything I knew. Great idea.
aubrey048
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by aubrey048 »

*high fives the other Scioly-ers for making the Anatomy Wiki so awesome!*
I am planning to notedump again soon. I have whole binder of info to choose from. This should be fun. ;)

chia
State: IL

Post by chia »

I wasn't sure what to expect for our regionals test... whether it would be easy, hard, what to expect from the respiratory system. I think it ended up having a good balance of the three systems, and it was on the hard side (though not insanely difficult or anything). The very last station asked us to fill out this diagram Image labeled A through Z. The team next to us had had the foresight to put the chart on their notes sheet, so they filled all of it out :? while we only had the most obvious ones. Eh well, I thought we did pretty well considering my usual partner (admittedly the stronger of us in this event) couldn't be there (I did it with someone else... not alone. Then I would have died.).
(avatar is by xamag)
Favorite events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Ornithology, Circuit Lab, Helicopter
NCHS '13
==>
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Kokonilly »

chia wrote:I wasn't sure what to expect for our regionals test... whether it would be easy, hard, what to expect from the respiratory system. I think it ended up having a good balance of the three systems, and it was on the hard side (though not insanely difficult or anything). The very last station asked us to fill out this diagram Image labeled A through Z. The team next to us had had the foresight to put the chart on their notes sheet, so they filled all of it out :? while we only had the most obvious ones. Eh well, I thought we did pretty well considering my usual partner (admittedly the stronger of us in this event) couldn't be there (I did it with someone else... not alone. Then I would have died.).
I have actually seen that diagram on 2 practice tests. It would be very wise to put it on your cheat sheet.

Return to “2011 Study Events”