base

soccerkid812
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: base

Post by soccerkid812 »

SkySci wrote:I know the base doesn't have to be 20cmx20cm, but what about the height of the base? Is it 15cm or shorter? The judge at our invitational wasn't sure, and the rules aren't clear; they just state that " The portion of the tower more than 15.0 cm above the test base...must passs through an 8.0cm diameter circular opening or hole"

So, if my base was 12cm, than obviously everything above 12cm (and 15cm) would fit through the hole...well, if the tower were sized correctly.
the base of the tower doesnt have to span the whole 20x20cm
everything above 15cm must pass through the 8cm diameter whole, being the base must be 15cm or smaller

yes, a 12cm base is fine as long as u keep it up to the 50cm height
deezee
State: IL

Post by deezee »

if you want to get as vertical legs of the tower as possible, wouldn't that prevent the tower from distributing as much weight? /\ vs ||
What disease did cured ham actually have?
If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea...Does that mean the fifth one enjoys it?
I used to be healthy, until I took an arrow to the knee and got gangrene.
Jo_squirrel

Post by Jo_squirrel »

To anyone who has done both square and rectangular bases: which one is more effective?
yousef213
Division: B
State: NY

Post by yousef213 »

Jo_squirrel wrote:To anyone who has done both square and rectangular bases: which one is more effective?
In general, a rectangle base is lighter and more verticke, BUT it is easier to get tipped if you accidentky hit the bucket.

So, if you are careful - rectangle, if not- square would work well anyway
Gt(xbl): Gonthorian II

" In 2012 the world will truely end, for 1/2 the world will die from heart palpitations induced by panic attack, and the other half will laugh so hard they will have irregular breathing and die."
- By yousef213

Return to “Towers B/C”