Moving Air Task

Hatch
Division: C
State: NM
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Moving Air Task

Post by Hatch »

Are compressed gas dusters concidered pneaumatic? We do not think so, because if you turn the can of dust remover upside down it still will blow air.
♥Osos Picosos♥
Dark Sabre
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: KY

Post by Dark Sabre »

Hatch wrote:Are compressed gas dusters concidered pneaumatic? We do not think so, because if you turn the can of dust remover upside down it still will blow air.
It would depend what you did with the air after if came out of the nozzle as to whether it would be pneumatic. However, check out the FAQ:
http://soinc.org/node/649
Primate
State: NY

Post by Primate »

Pandemonium wrote:
Primate wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:Hey everyone! I have a question about the wind power and simultaneous events. Suppose the the wind from the fan powers another event entirely. Specifically, I want to use the wind to turn the screw attached to blades. On the rules, it states that the moving air needs to *start* the next action. Can it power another action entirely? Thanks!
The wind still starts the next action, and nowhere in the rules does it say it can't continue the next action. Submit a clarification if you want to be sure, though. My guess is that it's fine--they're allowing the gas from the chemical reaction to fill up the balloon, even though they run somewhat simultaneously.
I followed your advice.

I emailed my regional supervisor, and she replied that I would have to be careful about it; she stated that the action would be a parallel task. Therefore, I think I'll just add another fan to power the screw.

Thanks!
By that logic, your chemical reaction also can't inflate your balloon. I don't agree, but obviously it's not my call.
events 2012 gravity vehicle, robot arm, thermodynamics, tps
NinjaChicken
State: MI

Post by NinjaChicken »

I decided on making a fan.. would it create more wind power if the propeller was in a tube, or just by itself?
Image Image
Paradox21
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad

Post by Paradox21 »

NinjaChicken wrote:I decided on making a fan.. would it create more wind power if the propeller was in a tube, or just by itself?
A tube will help if your fan is far away from what you are triggering. It will help to directionalize the air more. My fan is very close to the (very sensitive) trigger, so it works fine without any tubes or funnels.
When it comes to the future, there are three kinds of people: those who let it happen, those who make it happen, and those who wonder what happened.
NinjaChicken
State: MI

Post by NinjaChicken »

Paradox21 wrote: A tube will help if your fan is far away from what you are triggering. It will help to directionalize the air more. My fan is very close to the (very sensitive) trigger, so it works fine without any tubes or funnels.
Oh alright I understand, thanks
Image Image

Return to “Mission Possible C”