Jim_R
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0

Moving Air Task

Post by Jim_R »

Discussion for Moving Air task.
-The path of the Administrator is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

-Nothing\'s gonna get deleted. We\'re gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what\'s Fonzie like? Come on, what\'s Fonzie like?
-Cool?
-Correctamundo. And that\'s what we\'re gonna be. We\'re gonna be cool. Now, I\'m gonna count to three, and when I count three, you let go of your mouse, and back away from the keyboard. But when you do it, you do it cool. Ready? One... two... three.
Flavorflav
State: NY

Re: Moving Air Task

Post by Flavorflav »

Can we assume that when they say "not pneumatic" they mean that the moving air should be unenclosed?
Dark Sabre
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: KY
Been thanked: 0

Post by Dark Sabre »

That was my interpretation of it.
Lieficheep
Division: C

Post by Lieficheep »

yeah... anyone know how to do that without electricity? :P
Dark Sabre
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Post by Dark Sabre »

Drop a weight on bellows/air bladder, release air from a balloon, something like that. Or just electricity and a fan.
Lieficheep

Post by Lieficheep »

So coming OUT of an enclosed space is fine? Thanks
Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium »

Hey everyone! I have a question about the wind power and simultaneous events. Suppose the the wind from the fan powers another event entirely. Specifically, I want to use the wind to turn the screw attached to blades. On the rules, it states that the moving air needs to *start* the next action. Can it power another action entirely? Thanks!
Primate

Post by Primate »

Pandemonium wrote:Hey everyone! I have a question about the wind power and simultaneous events. Suppose the the wind from the fan powers another event entirely. Specifically, I want to use the wind to turn the screw attached to blades. On the rules, it states that the moving air needs to *start* the next action. Can it power another action entirely? Thanks!
The wind still starts the next action, and nowhere in the rules does it say it can't continue the next action. Submit a clarification if you want to be sure, though. My guess is that it's fine--they're allowing the gas from the chemical reaction to fill up the balloon, even though they run somewhat simultaneously.
events 2012 gravity vehicle, robot arm, thermodynamics, tps
Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium »

Primate wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:Hey everyone! I have a question about the wind power and simultaneous events. Suppose the the wind from the fan powers another event entirely. Specifically, I want to use the wind to turn the screw attached to blades. On the rules, it states that the moving air needs to *start* the next action. Can it power another action entirely? Thanks!
The wind still starts the next action, and nowhere in the rules does it say it can't continue the next action. Submit a clarification if you want to be sure, though. My guess is that it's fine--they're allowing the gas from the chemical reaction to fill up the balloon, even though they run somewhat simultaneously.
I followed your advice.

I emailed my regional supervisor, and she replied that I would have to be careful about it; she stated that the action would be a parallel task. Therefore, I think I'll just add another fan to power the screw.

Thanks!
questionguy
State: VA

Post by questionguy »

I'm trying to use the air from a fan to power a car forward which pulls a string with tape attached to it, off of a funnel. The funnel is for the sand timer. When it works its great, but it is inconsistent. Does anyone know a more efficient way to do this?

Return to “Mission Possible C”