Sad Nationals Is Over?

srsvball95
Division: Grad
State: TX
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Sad Nationals Is Over?

Post by srsvball95 »

With our team, we had 5 freshman, nine 8th graders, and one 7th grader on our team. Next year, the only person who's returning is the 7th grader. I don't think any 8th graders are returning. I am most likely going to compete with our division C team. So our team next year will be completely new, just like two years ago. But hopefully now that we've all experienced nationals, we'll make it and do better next year.
Seven Lakes High School Class of 2014
Beckendorff Alumni
scienceolympiadist
State: OH

Post by scienceolympiadist »

As a senior, I'm truly sad Nationals and Science Olympiad is all over. But this is the chance for me to reflect and appreciate everything.
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by paleonaps »

Phenylethylamine wrote:
haven chuck wrote:
poparteeb2 wrote:Hey! You did Can't Judge A Powder! And you got 3 places higher! Did you see me get disqualified?
That was a ridiculous DQ in my opinion, since nothing was even going on at that moment in that area. Did they just deduct points from your test score? At least you still got 14th, and 3rd overall, so congrats!
Actually, her coach appealed it and was successful (only successful appeal I've ever heard of, including Regionals and States). I'm guessing she could have done even better otherwise- it must be incredibly nerve-wracking to be told you're getting DQed in the event.

And yes, I'm very much sad Nationals is over. That trip- those four days- always bring the team so much closer together, and then after that, the year is pretty much over (and the seniors are graduating :cry: ). Even though the sleep deprivation would probably kill us if it went on any longer, I always wish the trip didn't end so fast.
Some of my best memories from SciO are from the competitions..............I'm sad its over, but now I have to learn to use free time.:D
Brown University 2017
2009 B Division National Ecology Champion
4 time National Medalist
Farewell Science Olympiad. We will meet again.
junexia
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: PA

Post by junexia »

im super sad that science olympiad is over. this whole year, all my time after school has been consumed with studying for science olympiad. now that it's over, i dont even know what to do with my free time. its only my first year and im already obsessed. im just happy that ive had such a great first year, and im looking to even better ones in the future.
Events for 2011:
Ornithology <3, Fossils, Ecology, Microbe Mission, Dynamic Planet
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by paleonaps »

I have been in SciO for three years, and this is the first it managed to completely consume my life. I don't know what to do with my free time either...... maybe study for my SAT II?
That sounds like a plan.
Brown University 2017
4 time National Medalist
junexia
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by junexia »

paleonaps95 wrote:I have been in SciO for three years, and this is the first it managed to completely consume my life. I don't know what to do with my free time either...... maybe study for my SAT II?
That sounds like a plan.
wow really? i cant imagine being in science olympiad and not being obsessed right away. although it does have its ups and downs, science olympiad is still the best. i guess i'll just start prepping for next year's events :)
Events for 2011:
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by paleonaps »

When I started I was an alternate, and resented not having free time.
Last year, I managed to balance SciO with a life and other hobbies, so I didn't feel too obsessed.
But this year...............total obsession.
Brown University 2017
4 time National Medalist
junexia
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by junexia »

paleonaps95 wrote:When I started I was an alternate, and resented not having free time.
Last year, I managed to balance SciO with a life and other hobbies, so I didn't feel too obsessed.
But this year...............total obsession.
ah. i understand. i mean, being on the team as an alternate is super fun, but its nothing compared to actually competing in real events. i had already heard about science olympiad last year and was fully planning on joining this year, so i came in knowing that i needed to get a spot to compete, cuz im just that type of person. i worked really hard, and the harder i worked, the more i loved science olympiad.
Events for 2011:
poparteeb2

Post by poparteeb2 »

Haha I still can't believe my coach won that appeal for me! LOL yes, I was basically in a depression and working really slowly after the supervisor DQed me...luckily my partner still kept her head.

Ugh. I don't have any free time. It's back to swimming. Double bummer...
Regionals: 1st place Crime, 1st place Anatomy, 3rd place Experimental Design.
States: 1st Place Anatomy, 2nd Place Experimental Design, 6th Place Crime, 26th Place Powders *wince*
Nationals: 4th place Anatomy, 4th place Crime, 30th Powders *wince again*
Overall team ranking: 7th
tclme elmo
Division: B
State: HI

Post by tclme elmo »

poparteeb2 wrote:Haha I still can't believe my coach won that appeal for me! LOL yes, I was basically in a depression and working really slowly after the supervisor DQed me...luckily my partner still kept her head.

Ugh. I don't have any free time. It's back to swimming. Double bummer...
What happened?
Rustin Invitational - 1st
Solon Invitational - 8th
Regionals - 1st
States - 1st
Nationals - 11th

Return to “2010 Nationals”