Write about how much fun you had at nationals!! :P
lllazar
Division: C
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Good Memories

Post by lllazar »

I had fun volunteering for sumo bots and seeing pro bridges :)

I also had fun sipping an extra large smoothie king all day.
2011 Season Events~

Fossils (Regionals ~1st) (State ~6th)
Towers (Regionals ~1st) (State ~3rd)
Helicopter (Regionals -3rd gahhh) (State ~5th)
Wind Power (Regionals ~1st) (State ~3rd TIERED!)

Hooray for getting everything i wanted?
frogzorz
Division: Grad
State: PA

Post by frogzorz »

My friend and I got lost at the edge of campus when we were walking to Battery Buggy from Loomis. We forgot that his iPhone had a compass. :oops:
Fortunately, my horrible 30th-place-at-Solon-Invitationals Road Scholar skills got us back to our HQ at Foreign Languages...in 15 minutes...

We cup stacked at HQ while Solon MS studied and watched us act like pigeon :lol: . <3 you guys.

Running from Powders at Chem. Annex to Foreign Languages and running back to Noyes Lab for Ecology. Needless to say, my partner lakeSUPERIOR laughed at me because I thought the timeslot had already started when there were 10 minutes left. Ugh. xP.

Lunch. A bird relieved itself on eta150's sandwich wrapper. :lol:

Science Crime Busters. Figuring out the probes was pretty fun. Until we realized we had 10 minutes left to finish half of qual. and analysis. :oops: :cry:

Seeing our coach in a green shirt-and-tie for the awards ceremony. He didn't like the idea of dressing up, so he wore dark aviators until we got to campus :lol:

Finally, 14 hour bus ride with kids in possession of very sugary candy? BEST. IDEA. EVER!! :D 8-) :mrgreen:
Harriton '15, Penn C'19
Design Manager and Disease Detectives co-supervisor for SOUP 2018
eta150

Post by eta150 »

frogzorz wrote:My friend and I got lost at the edge of campus when we were walking to Battery Buggy from Loomis. We forgot that his iPhone had a compass. :oops:
Fortunately, my horrible 30th-place-at-Solon-Invitationals Road Scholar skills got us back to our HQ at Foreign Languages...in 15 minutes...

We cup stacked at HQ while Solon MS studied and watched us act like pigeon :lol: . <3 you guys.

Running from Powders at Chem. Annex to Foreign Languages and running back to Noyes Lab for Ecology. Needless to say, my partner lakeSUPERIOR laughed at me because I thought the timeslot had already started when there were 10 minutes left. Ugh. xP.

Lunch. A bird relieved itself on eta150's sandwich wrapper. :lol:

Science Crime Busters. Figuring out the probes was pretty fun. Until we realized we had 10 minutes left to finish half of qual. and analysis. :oops: :cry:

Seeing our coach in a green shirt-and-tie for the awards ceremony. He didn't like the idea of dressing up, so he wore dark aviators until we got to campus :lol:

Finally, 14 hour bus ride with kids in possession of very sugary candy? BEST. IDEA. EVER!! :D 8-) :mrgreen:
Best time there, duct taping an annoying 7th graders mouth and wrists on the bus for singing Lady Gaga, and then writing "I lost my speaking privileges" on the tape.
It's okay Frogorz, because it wasn't you. It was also great to finally really meet a bunch of the Strath Haven kids in real life. Raising my nationals medal count to 3 wasn't so bad either (even though it should have been 4).
#ACESWILD
frogzorz

Post by frogzorz »

Strangely, that 7th grader was male. Remember, eta150, he was duct taped for singing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star AFTER singing Poker Face and Just Dance. Later, another 7th grader (who also was male and loved Lady Gaga) duct taped himself. Btw, he wasn't on his meds.
Harriton '15, Penn C'19
Design Manager and Disease Detectives co-supervisor for SOUP 2018
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by paleonaps »

My favorite moment at Nationals was getting first in Ecology. My partner was crying, because he had gotten two firsts that day. It was a beautiful moment.
And the team getting third was amazing as well. :D
Brown University 2017
2009 B Division National Ecology Champion
4 time National Medalist
Farewell Science Olympiad. We will meet again.
Varsitylinebacker50
State: ME

Post by Varsitylinebacker50 »

where to start?
Obviously with the ultimate tourny.. Probably the greatest moment in my life. There is no better feeling than looking your teammates, comrades, and brothers in the face knowing that you are the best. I could talk about the ultimate for hours, but there is much more I must get to.
Colin "The assassin" and I were thirsty during egg-o-naut and zach [starpug] wouldn't give us any of his water cause "it was for the rocket" so we grabbed an empty bottle from some random school and filled it up with "rocket fuel". We successfully quenched our thirst that day.
The night before that the assassin and I stayed up all night in the form's lounge with a fellow member of the team who just so happened to say the quote of the century "Ohhh I get it! It's called GatorADE cause like it's made from Gator juice. Like LemonADE is made from lemon juice!"
Then there was the time the Assassin and I attempted to Kayak in the local sports complex's pool. We then went on to stay in the complex for a few hours after closing with the whole team, it was great. The people working there knew not to mess with us and just let us be.
During closing ceremonies several teammates of mine and I noticed this kid from North Dakota attempting to get his mack on a female member of his team. Sadly, he has no game... what so ever. We tried to help him out a little, but he just doesn't have any game,
Ahhh, then there was the time Callum "The Cannon" and I got locked out of our hotel rooms at 1:00 AM from your friend here, Zach [Starpug].
I could go on and on with this... but I must refocus this post on the ultimate. Truly the second greatest moment of the trip. And the second greatest of my life. The only moment that beats it? The day i met GANTZ. This man guides me to this day, with his blessing anything is possible. We are currently attempting to fund raise enough money to create a temple in his honor. He truly is the greatest man on the planet. MY life will never be the same.
M-Bailey #50
* Ultimate Captain
* Varsity Linebacker
* Varsity Basketball player

"It's hard to be humble when you're as good as me."
~ Muhammad Ali

Waterville Scio-Ultimate
"A Commitment To Excellence"

PANTHER PRIDE
M-E-T-H-O-D MAN

Post by M-E-T-H-O-D MAN »

Well, everything VLB said is great but one of my favorite memories with The Assassin was when we commandeered a bag of barbecue chips each individually brushed with mesquite sauce at the factory by the barbecue master Christopher "Stubb" Stubblefield. Or so we thought. Spending hours at the rec center playing water volleyball was, of course, a wonderful time as well. Then there was The Assassin and I showing up late to physics lab without a blade and leaving early after acing the written test. Just classic moments.
One can never forget having multiple fights on the bouncy mat with the clubs at the SO barbecue. I did quite well, losing only once due to an inferior weapon. And we all know what my favorite part was...
From the slums of Shaolin, Wu-Tang Clan strikes again
The RZA, the GZA, Ol Dirty B*****d, Inspectah Deck, Raekwon the Chef
U-God, Ghost Face Killer and the Method Man
Varsitylinebacker50

Post by Varsitylinebacker50 »

ahhh yes! Great times. And how could we forget midnight 4 square? Truly a blast. With an agreed upon 4 way tie with myself, Methodman, The Cannon and Squanto.

Oh and who could forget trying to sneak into a junior high school girls basketball tournament? Walking to the events in the morning with none of the needed equipment. No goggles, no apron, no tools [for forensics] and no teammates.

Oh yeah! and writing notes to my write it do it partner such as "I'm pretty sure the girl in front of me is like all over me. christ, she's only like a 5 too. Whyyyyyyyyyy!" and "Dude, this is lame"
M-Bailey #50
* Ultimate Captain
* Varsity Linebacker
* Varsity Basketball player

"It's hard to be humble when you're as good as me."
~ Muhammad Ali

Waterville Scio-Ultimate
"A Commitment To Excellence"

PANTHER PRIDE
M-E-T-H-O-D MAN

Post by M-E-T-H-O-D MAN »

Varsitylinebacker50 wrote:ahhh yes! Great times. And how could we forget midnight 4 square? Truly a blast. With an agreed upon 4 way tie with myself, Methodman, The Cannon and Squanto.

Oh and who could forget trying to sneak into a junior high school girls basketball tournament? Walking to the events in the morning with none of the needed equipment. No goggles, no apron, no tools [for forensics] and no teammates.

Oh yeah! and writing notes to my write it do it partner such as "I'm pretty sure the girl in front of me is like all over me. christ, she's only like a 5 too. Whyyyyyyyyyy!" and "Dude, this is lame"
Of course. And getting kicked out of the tournament and sleeping on the benches in the lobby afterwards. Four square was classic. I take pride in my 2 shirtless dives on concrete and getting up scathed on the surface but my spirit intact.
From the slums of Shaolin, Wu-Tang Clan strikes again
The RZA, the GZA, Ol Dirty B*****d, Inspectah Deck, Raekwon the Chef
U-God, Ghost Face Killer and the Method Man

Return to “2010 Nationals”