Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Duration

Post by twototwenty »

And were there any other notable flight times seen at the state competitions yesterday?
thsom
Division: C
State: IL

Post by thsom »

lakersfan wrote:mrsteven i hear you had a chinook at state, congrats! If you dont mind me asking, how long was your flight time pre-bonus? and what was the rest of the field like in IL?
mrsteven... were you the one with the chinook that had attatchable parts with the green and you assembled it when you were checking in, your flight time was at around 11:00 a.m. ...?
mrsteven
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by mrsteven »

thsom wrote:
lakersfan wrote:mrsteven i hear you had a chinook at state, congrats! If you dont mind me asking, how long was your flight time pre-bonus? and what was the rest of the field like in IL?
mrsteven... were you the one with the chinook that had attatchable parts with the green and you assembled it when you were checking in, your flight time was at around 11:00 a.m. ...?
Thsom... ya....
it was funny, apparently I was setting up and winding etc for 40 minutes. My flight time was at 11:00 and it took 40 minutes to wind and get checked in with the design etc. and finished around 11:55

The best part of the flight is when I looked around the armory and everyone, even in the trial events, had stopped and all watching it. Best feeling ever

I won't be revealing my times until next week in respect for a team I collaborate with who is competing next week for their state.
2011 Helicopters State Runner-up
2012 Helicopters State Champion
2013 Robot Arm State Champion
thsom

Post by thsom »

mrsteven wrote:
thsom wrote:
Thsom... ya....
it was funny, apparently I was setting up and winding etc for 40 minutes. My flight time was at 11:00 and it took 40 minutes to wind and get checked in with the design etc. and finished around 11:55

The best part of the flight is when I looked around the armory and everyone, even in the trial events, had stopped and all watching it. Best feeling ever

I won't be revealing my times until next week in respect for a team I collaborate with who is competing next week for their state.
lol, I was the team with the sort of polk-a-dot tissue paper right next to you guys!! Interestingly enough... my time was 3-4 seconds since welll.. we literally had to drop it 'cus the rubberbands snapped...
mrsteven
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by mrsteven »

haha sorry, I didn't really notice... I was focused on getting everything in check ^.^
2011 Helicopters State Runner-up
2012 Helicopters State Champion
2013 Robot Arm State Champion
calliekernick
State: CA

Post by calliekernick »

Hi everyone! Of those of you who are going to compete at Nationals, what times do you anticipate getting? If you're willing to share tips or information along with that, that would also be appreciated. Thanks!
spikeytomato

Post by spikeytomato »

amazing
the top two winners in southern california had 2:25 and 2:34 with chinooks
probably would have been longer if there was nothing on the roof (the gym roof had a lot of lights and bars and the helicopters kept bumping into them)
lucwilder42
State: MI

Post by lucwilder42 »

spikeytomato wrote:amazing
probably would have been longer if there was nothing on the roof (the gym roof had a lot of lights and bars and the helicopters kept bumping into them)
Before or after the bonus?
I'm just here to build bridges
_HenryHscioly_
State: CA

Post by _HenryHscioly_ »

Those times are before the bonus.
Top 6 all had scores over 2:50 in SoCal!
twototwenty
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by twototwenty »

spikeytomato wrote:amazing
Di you happen to see how they worked?

Return to “Helicopters C”