Search found 117 matches

by arv101
January 27th, 2019, 10:54 am
Forum: 2019 Question Marathons
Topic: Solar System B
Replies: 147
Views: 14877

Re: Solar System B

I believe for the first question you could use crater count and radioactive decay... I don't know the third.
by arv101
December 5th, 2018, 3:26 pm
Forum: 2019 Study Events
Topic: Solar System B
Replies: 149
Views: 22913

Re: Solar System B

The rules don't say we can use calculators, however some tests I have taken would require the use of a calculator. Would an ES allow it?
by arv101
September 13th, 2018, 3:36 pm
Forum: 2019 Lab Events
Topic: Density Lab B
Replies: 116
Views: 32660

Re: Density Lab B

How are you guys gonna practice the lab section?
by arv101
June 28th, 2018, 6:19 am
Forum: 2018 Lab Events
Topic: Thermodynamics B/C
Replies: 857
Views: 111996

Re: Thermodynamics B/C

I know that this is late but does anyone remember what their final temperature at nats was?
by arv101
June 26th, 2018, 10:30 am
Forum: 2018 Lab Events
Topic: Thermodynamics B/C
Replies: 857
Views: 111996

Re: Thermodynamics B/C

TheChiScientist wrote:
chalker wrote:
TheChiScientist wrote:Do you guys think that there will be a rule change for thermo next year that is major?
Yes;)
:?:
I wonder if that means the build portion...
Do you think that they will change the allowed materials greatly?
by arv101
April 11th, 2018, 7:29 pm
Forum: 2018 Lab Events
Topic: Thermodynamics B/C
Replies: 857
Views: 111996

Re: Thermodynamics B/C

Yeah also I am pretty sure you are supposed to use SI units unless stated otherwise according to the rules.
by arv101
April 11th, 2018, 2:44 pm
Forum: 2018 Lab Events
Topic: Thermodynamics B/C
Replies: 857
Views: 111996

Re: Thermodynamics B/C

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote:(Of course, you should follow the rules as closely as possible in case of a strict ES)
I would honestly like a somewhat strict ES because in many competitions some people get away without following the rules. I have never had my kit and cheatsheet ever checked this one time in potions.
by arv101
April 10th, 2018, 3:21 pm
Forum: 2018 Lab Events
Topic: Thermodynamics B/C
Replies: 857
Views: 111996

Re: Thermodynamics B/C

However, they don't usually check the height of the beaker rule; I've seen quite a few plastic pyrex beakers that violate that rule but are still allowed to be used in competition by the event procters When you say that the plastic beakers violate the rule you mean because of their height/ dimensio...
by arv101
April 10th, 2018, 3:18 pm
Forum: 2018 Study Events
Topic: Rocks & Minerals B/C
Replies: 195
Views: 50936

Re: Rocks & Minerals B/C

Yay this should be my 100th post! Many of you have suggested minerals.net. However some of the information isn't very accurate. Should I still use it?
by arv101
April 9th, 2018, 1:11 pm
Forum: 2018 Lab Events
Topic: Thermodynamics B/C
Replies: 857
Views: 111996

Re: Thermodynamics B/C

TheChiScientist wrote:Wait a minute! I keep hearing all this talk of different beakers.Are you, people implying that the rules allow different material beakers? :?: If so what type of beakers are you people using? I am using Pyrex Beakers.
Wait the rules don't say anything about the material right?

Go to advanced search