Funny Stories from Nationals

Barker
Division: Grad
State: TX
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Funny Stories from Nationals

Post by Barker »

No kidding. We missed going to Nats by one place- and it was only 25 points that separated us from upsetting the reigning champions. Oh well.[/quote]

Back when I was in 11th grade, we missed by 1 place and 9 points. =(
But then we made it in 12th grade, so it's all good.[/quote]

I think when I was in 8th grade at Kealing MS we got 4th at our regional and weren't going to go to state until one of our coaches wrote a letter to the state director who decided to let us in since we had been reigning champs for the last couple years. Which turned out to be a good decision since we won state again that year.
TREES!
butter side up
State: PA

Post by butter side up »

Barker wrote: I think when I was in 8th grade at Kealing MS we got 4th at our regional and weren't going to go to state until one of our coaches wrote a letter to the state director who decided to let us in since we had been reigning champs for the last couple years. Which turned out to be a good decision since we won state again that year.
So they let you go to states because you had done well at competition previously? That seems odd...
I am the one called "TARDIS Hat Girl," and am known as such by all.
2013: Anatomy, Experimental Design, Genetics, Forestry, Disease Detectives
Barker
State: TX

Post by Barker »

butter side up wrote:
Barker wrote: I think when I was in 8th grade at Kealing MS we got 4th at our regional and weren't going to go to state until one of our coaches wrote a letter to the state director who decided to let us in since we had been reigning champs for the last couple years. Which turned out to be a good decision since we won state again that year.
So they let you go to states because you had done well at competition previously? That seems odd...
Our coach wrote a very nice and suck-uppy letter
TREES!
ichaelm
State: PA

Post by ichaelm »

So I guess you're assuming that the people from Hyde Park Baptist don't read this? I get the idea they wouldn't have been very happy about that. I dunno.

Return to “2011 Nationals”