Will/Did you make it to nationals?

Locked
ProOlympian
Member
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: March 28th, 2011, 10:16 am
Division: B
State: IA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Will/Did you make it to nationals?

Post by ProOlympian » April 4th, 2011, 7:39 am

Mount Vernon Middle School
smallest school in Scioly Iowa
Beat Ames and is going to Nationals
We beat them and theyve never lost state EVER till now
What's up.
Everyone got a medal on our team
State
1st- Junkyard Challenge
2nd- Write it do it
3rd- Dynamic Planet
3rd- Experimental Design

User avatar
aubrey048
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 270
Joined: January 8th, 2010, 9:43 am
Division: C
State: AL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Will/Did you make it to nationals?

Post by aubrey048 » April 4th, 2011, 10:00 am

fishman100 wrote:
JKrafsur wrote:Boy, I hope we can do that. We really are bad in three events but get 6th or above in the rest.
it really depends on what you place in the three events. If you get last in all of them, then the chances of winning States gets smaller and smaller.

We had 2 (maybe 3) 9th places and an 11th, but we still managed to squeak out the win.

This was partially done by the 2nd-place team: in JYC they placed 19th, which was last. We beat them by 15 points.

So you really have to be careful and make sure you elevate the performances at State!

If you got 6th or above in every other event, that will definitely get you a trophy :)
Basically my team got top ten in everything we participated in (except for Forensics; my friend competed and got dead last), which was maybe more than half of the events. If there were more of us we would DEFINITELY move on to state. The other teams are mediocre, and just win because they participate in every event. :/
Plotting the function of the universe for efficiency without your permission.

Projected 2011-2012 Events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Disease Detectives, Tower, Optics, Helicopter.
Past Events: Anatomy (7th), Helicopter (6th), Mission Possible (1st), Write It Do It (4th, 8th), Ornithology (5th).

User avatar
fishman100
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 478
Joined: January 28th, 2011, 1:26 pm
Division: Grad
State: VA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Will/Did you make it to nationals?

Post by fishman100 » April 4th, 2011, 10:03 am

ProOlympian wrote:Mount Vernon Middle School
smallest school in Scioly Iowa
Beat Ames and is going to Nationals
We beat them and theyve never lost state EVER till now
What's up.
Everyone got a medal on our team
Wow, congratulations! that's quite a feat :D

See ya there!
aubrey048 wrote:
fishman100 wrote:
JKrafsur wrote:Boy, I hope we can do that. We really are bad in three events but get 6th or above in the rest.
it really depends on what you place in the three events. If you get last in all of them, then the chances of winning States gets smaller and smaller.

We had 2 (maybe 3) 9th places and an 11th, but we still managed to squeak out the win.

This was partially done by the 2nd-place team: in JYC they placed 19th, which was last. We beat them by 15 points.

So you really have to be careful and make sure you elevate the performances at State!

If you got 6th or above in every other event, that will definitely get you a trophy :)
Basically my team got top ten in everything we participated in (except for Forensics; my friend comepted and got dead last), which was maybe more than half of the events. If there were more of us we would DEFINITELY move on to state. The other teams are mediocre, and just win because they participate in every event. :/
Dead last is about 25 points? :P
but for a team of less than 15 people, that's really good!
Langley HS Science Olympiad '15

User avatar
aubrey048
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 270
Joined: January 8th, 2010, 9:43 am
Division: C
State: AL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Will/Did you make it to nationals?

Post by aubrey048 » April 4th, 2011, 10:11 am

fishman100 wrote:
Dead last is about 25 points? :P
but for a team of less than 15 people, that's really good!
We're a team of ten. ^^ Dead last here is 22 points. (As there are 22 teams at regionals). We got 1st in SoM, MP, 3rd in Ornithology, 4th in Astronomy . . . not bad for mot of my team's first year in SO!
Plotting the function of the universe for efficiency without your permission.

Projected 2011-2012 Events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Disease Detectives, Tower, Optics, Helicopter.
Past Events: Anatomy (7th), Helicopter (6th), Mission Possible (1st), Write It Do It (4th, 8th), Ornithology (5th).

User avatar
fishman100
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 478
Joined: January 28th, 2011, 1:26 pm
Division: Grad
State: VA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Will/Did you make it to nationals?

Post by fishman100 » April 4th, 2011, 3:53 pm

yeah that's pretty good for a first-year team!

Keep studying and you'll be successful at States :)
Langley HS Science Olympiad '15

User avatar
kentuckyfan1001
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 116
Joined: February 23rd, 2008, 7:39 pm
Division: Grad
State: OH
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Will you make it to nationals?

Post by kentuckyfan1001 » April 5th, 2011, 8:10 pm

skillfullparrot7 wrote:Nationals teams better watch out. Friendship Christian's gonna take you by storm. This is our *counts fingers* ninth year. This is the first year we have gone to Nationals by winning State. One more competition this year! I'm so happy!
Would you agree that going to invitationals in Ohio really helps?
-JZ Solon '12, Penn '16
2013 Helicopters PA State Supervisor

skillfullparrot7
Member
Member
Posts: 71
Joined: March 17th, 2011, 11:27 am
Division: B
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Will you make it to nationals?

Post by skillfullparrot7 » April 6th, 2011, 5:05 am

kentuckyfan1001 wrote:
skillfullparrot7 wrote:Nationals teams better watch out. Friendship Christian's gonna take you by storm. This is our *counts fingers* ninth year. This is the first year we have gone to Nationals by winning State. One more competition this year! I'm so happy!
Would you agree that going to invitationals in Ohio really helps?
Oh, yes. It helps out a whole lot. We usually take the tests and put some things from them into our note sheets or study them so we're ready for State.
"If it were easy, everyone would do it."

User avatar
fishman100
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 478
Joined: January 28th, 2011, 1:26 pm
Division: Grad
State: VA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Will/Did you make it to nationals?

Post by fishman100 » April 6th, 2011, 6:16 pm

...I didn't go to the Solon Invitationals...

Regardless, I'm still pretty excited about Nationals! :D

Would someone update the teams that are going please?
Langley HS Science Olympiad '15

skillfullparrot7
Member
Member
Posts: 71
Joined: March 17th, 2011, 11:27 am
Division: B
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Will/Did you make it to nationals?

Post by skillfullparrot7 » April 6th, 2011, 7:35 pm

fishman100 wrote:...I didn't go to the Solon Invitationals...

Regardless, I'm still pretty excited about Nationals! :D

Would someone update the teams that are going please?
Look on the 2011 Nationals wiki.
"If it were easy, everyone would do it."

User avatar
fishman100
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 478
Joined: January 28th, 2011, 1:26 pm
Division: Grad
State: VA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Will/Did you make it to nationals?

Post by fishman100 » April 7th, 2011, 3:35 pm

skillfullparrot7 wrote:
fishman100 wrote:...I didn't go to the Solon Invitationals...

Regardless, I'm still pretty excited about Nationals! :D

Would someone update the teams that are going please?
Look on the 2011 Nationals wiki.
Exactly, that's what I meant. :)
Langley HS Science Olympiad '15

Locked

Return to “2011 Nationals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests