Teams going to Nationals

paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: NY

Re: Teams going to Nationals

Postby paleonaps » April 10th, 2011, 6:08 pm

I don't think anyone from Wyoming or Oregon is on the forum.
Brown University 2017
2009 B Division National Ecology Champion
4 time National Medalist
Farewell Science Olympiad. We will meet again.

calliekernick
Division: C
State: CA

Postby calliekernick » April 10th, 2011, 9:39 pm

I heard a rumour that Arden (2nd at nats last year) didn't make it this year?
yes, it's true!
I'm on Churchill's team, and we beat them at state! We've always been just a few points away from winning state, and we've actually beaten them at regionals before. This year we beat them by 18 points at state, so we're going to nationals instead! (:

Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby Kokonilly » April 10th, 2011, 9:58 pm

Congratulations! It seems that there are many upsets this year. I'm excited to see how nats plays out.

aubrey048
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: AL

Postby aubrey048 » April 11th, 2011, 6:08 am

Congratulations! It seems that there are many upsets this year. I'm excited to see how nats plays out.
Hooray for upsets! ^^
Plotting the function of the universe for efficiency without your permission.

Projected 2011-2012 Events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Disease Detectives, Tower, Optics, Helicopter.
Past Events: Anatomy (7th), Helicopter (6th), Mission Possible (1st), Write It Do It (4th, 8th), Ornithology (5th).

IdahoSciGuy
State: ID

Postby IdahoSciGuy » April 11th, 2011, 10:33 am

Speaking of upsets, There was one at the Idaho states. The B division Perennial, St. Josephs, was beaten by a team in their second year doing Olympiad. Last year they didn't even make the top ten.

C: Bishop Kelly High School

B: Treasure Valley Math and Science Center
Actually, if you don't mind, it's just the doctor. - Doctor Who.

Board of Directors
Idaho Science Olympiad

starpug
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: ME

Postby starpug » April 11th, 2011, 12:56 pm

yes, it's true!
I'm on Churchill's team, and we beat them at state! We've always been just a few points away from winning state, and we've actually beaten them at regionals before. This year we beat them by 18 points at state, so we're going to nationals instead! (:
As an alumni, I would like to say congratulations and good luck at nationals.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain

old

Postby old » April 11th, 2011, 1:59 pm

yes, it's true!
I was at the NorCal SO, with a high school (C division) but I saw a final score sheet that showed that Arden and Churchill actually tied when the score was rechecked. Somehow an early score sheet showed Arden being second tiered in something when in fact they were not. I think the team with the most gold medals wins if there is a tie, I guess Churchill got more golds then Arden? I believe there is some mechanism for two teams to go to Nats in a case where there is no clear winner, maybe we will see both Arden and Churchill at Nationals (the more the merrier)!

fishman100
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: VA

Postby fishman100 » April 11th, 2011, 2:17 pm

Speaking of upsets, There was one at the Idaho states. The B division Perennial, St. Josephs, was beaten by a team in their second year doing Olympiad. Last year they didn't even make the top ten.

C: Bishop Kelly High School

B: Treasure Valley Math and Science Center
Wow. that was like our States! :D
Langley HS Science Olympiad '15

starpug
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: ME

Postby starpug » April 11th, 2011, 2:51 pm

yes, it's true!
I was at the NorCal SO, with a high school (C division) but I saw a final score sheet that showed that Arden and Churchill actually tied when the score was rechecked. Somehow an early score sheet showed Arden being second tiered in something when in fact they were not. I think the team with the most gold medals wins if there is a tie, I guess Churchill got more golds then Arden? I believe there is some mechanism for two teams to go to Nats in a case where there is no clear winner, maybe we will see both Arden and Churchill at Nationals (the more the merrier)!
The scores posted online ->http://www.norcalscienceolympiad.com/20 ... 0Sheet.pdf show Churchill winning by 18, but Arden has a 22nd in Battery Buggy and Bottle Rocket doesn't have any results entered (I dunno if they ran it or not).
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain

calliekernick

Postby calliekernick » April 11th, 2011, 3:38 pm

Okay, so we checked with the State director to clarify about who is going to Nationals, and only one team (Churchill) is allowed to go from NorCal. Arden was trying to protest their disqualification in Battery Buggy, but they definitely aren't going to Nationals.

Return to “2011 Nationals”