moviebuff0202
Division: B
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New York In the Movies: Swap Meet 2011

Post by moviebuff0202 »

Hey guys,

I'm making a compilation of clips from movies that take place in New York. Please post any comments, suggestions, ideas, etc.
Regionals Overall: 2nd
States Overall: 2nd
Invitationals: 2nd in Crime, 5th in Solar, 6th in Ecology (just helping out in Ecology), 7th in Microbes
Regionals: 2nd in Crime, 2nd in Microbes, 4th in Disease (again, just helping out), 5th in Solar
HappySciencePie
Division: C

Re: New York In the Movies: Swap Meet 2011

Post by HappySciencePie »

Thankyoufortypinglikeanormalperson.

I've seen it, so I have a thing that I think needs to be improved with it.
You had text on it, I think it was kind of unnecessary. It made everything look sort of uneven too, like, some clips had labels and some didn't.
Nationals 2011: Flying Bird; team (Gelinas) ~ 7th
Nationals 2010: Optics ~ 9th; team (Gelinas) ~ 3rd
MELLO YELLO
Ward Melville FTW <3
ivomitrainbows

Post by ivomitrainbows »

This movie is so magical and amazing that it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Whenever I even think of the contents of this masterpiece, my brain explodes with so much joy and happiness. Like one of my favorite singers, Voltaire, describes his music as, "riding a black unicorn down the side of an exploding volcano while holding a chalice filled with the laughter of small children," I describe this video as such. (Well, maybe it's not as demonic as this image makes you feel, but the epic feeling is certainly there.) The video is so magical and sparkly and wonderful and flabbergasting that anyone who doesn't wish to see this is stupid. Seeing this video fills me with so much postive, arm-flapping emotion that I want to run laps around the perimeter of my school/house just to expell my energy. The first time I watched it was and will always be the most miraculous, enlivening 12 minutes of my life.

Now can you actual let me watch this video, AMS, so I actually know what I'm endorcing. I expect an email asap. I also thank you for using proper english.
Last edited by ivomitrainbows on May 8th, 2011, 11:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
It tastes like sparkles.
--
Invitationals: Disease 2nd, Microbes 4th, Anatomy 8th
Regionals: Overall 2nd, Microbes 3rd, Anatomy 4th, Disease 5th
States: Overall 2nd
fishman100
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: VA

Post by fishman100 »

moviebuff0202 wrote:Hey guys,

I'm making a compilation of clips from movies that take place in New York. Please post any comments, suggestions, ideas, etc.
But the Swap Meet is in Wisconsin...
Langley HS Science Olympiad '15
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Kokonilly »

fishman100 wrote:
moviebuff0202 wrote:Hey guys,

But the Swap Meet is in Wisconsin...
Yeah... how is this relevant, exactly? :?
moviebuff0202
Division: B

Post by moviebuff0202 »

The thing is that this is for the swap meet. It's like bringing a license plate from California if your school is in California or a cheese hat from Wisconsin if your school is in Wisconsin. Our school is in New York, so I'm bringing this to represent New York
Regionals Overall: 2nd
States Overall: 2nd
Invitationals: 2nd in Crime, 5th in Solar, 6th in Ecology (just helping out in Ecology), 7th in Microbes
Regionals: 2nd in Crime, 2nd in Microbes, 4th in Disease (again, just helping out), 5th in Solar
soccerkid812

Post by soccerkid812 »

moviebuff0202 wrote:The thing is that this is for the swap meet. It's like bringing a license plate from California if your school is in California or a cheese hat from Wisconsin if your school is in Wisconsin. Our school is in New York, so I'm bringing this to represent New York
what exactly is this?
fishman100
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by fishman100 »

Oh, sorry, I though you meant that you were going to be filming the Swap Meet 2011...but you said it was in NY, not WI, so I got confused :P
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Kokonilly »

moviebuff0202 wrote:The thing is that this is for the swap meet. It's like bringing a license plate from California if your school is in California or a cheese hat from Wisconsin if your school is in Wisconsin. Our school is in New York, so I'm bringing this to represent New York
Oh, very nice. I'm not sure what New York would be, but if you live near NYC Times Square, the Statue of Liberty, and Broadway are pretty iconic.
fishman100
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by fishman100 »

New York...if there are any baseball/football/hockey fans, I'm sure they'd be delighted to see a Yankees/Giants/Rangers keychain or something. That would be pretty cool!

Return to “2011 Nationals”