Mousetrap Vehicle B

SirBobo
Division: B
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mousetrap Vehicle B

Post by SirBobo »

Pauly_Rocks wrote:Thanks for your suggestions. I made a few changes to the vehicle and got a different mousetrap, so it's going about 14 - 18 seconds now. :| Hopefully we'll get it better.
Make sure the new trap is legal.
I am SirBobo and I approve this message

"Insert meaningful quote here"

Image Image
mustang20
State: KS

Post by mustang20 »

Yeah, my mousetrap placed 4th in ks ar the regional! and my team is going to state! :mrgreen:
lolman
State: MS

Post by lolman »

I NEED HELP DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY DESIGNS YOU COULD SHARE BECAUSE I HAVENT DONE THIS EVER AND I WANT SOME HELP :oops:
chalker
Division: Grad
State: OH

Post by chalker »

lolman wrote:I NEED HELP DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY DESIGNS YOU COULD SHARE BECAUSE I HAVENT DONE THIS EVER AND I WANT SOME HELP :oops:

First, please don't type in all caps.. it's annoying to most people and makes it less like people will reply to you.
Regarding help, first thing you need to do is read the rules, then re-read them again a couple times to ensure you understand them. Next, click on the Wiki link at the top of this page and review the mousetrap vehicle wiki page.

Then come back and ask some specific questions and you'll likely get good help. Good luck!

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair
ttboy99
State: PA

Post by ttboy99 »

How are you attaching the wheels (CD's in our case) to the axles?
illusionist
Division: C
State: MI

Post by illusionist »

ttboy99 wrote:How are you attaching the wheels (CD's in our case) to the axles?
One of my favorite methods has been to get some rubber washers from Home Depot (they're shaped like a truncated cone), with 3/4-1 inch outer diameter and a 1/4 inch hole in the middle. You may need to do some sanding, but you should be able to snugly fit inside the CD and on your axle.

Another option is to get/make small wooden disks ~2inch in diameter, drill a hole in the center of them to put the axle through, then glue the disks to each side of the CD, forming a sandwich.

For both methods, secure the CD so that it doesn't move side-to-side.
Sunshine Ninja
State: NC

Post by Sunshine Ninja »

OUR CAR DESIDED NOT TO MOVE @ REGINALS! We have been getting a score of around 180-ish, which would have won regional.

However, so many teams were 2nd tiered,(or had the same problem as us we got 4th!?!

I think the problem was the floor it was run on, a rubber composite. We had been testing on tial and wood.
2012 stats:
Mousetrap vehicle: reg. 4th,
Heredity: reg. 2nd,
Forestry: reg.1st :),
Team: reg. 1st!!!,

Past events: Ornithology (2), Food science, Elevated bridge, Optics, Junkyard Challenge

States in two days....kill me now
SirBobo

Post by SirBobo »

Sunshine Ninja wrote:OUR CAR DESIDED NOT TO MOVE @ REGINALS! We have been getting a score of around 180-ish, which would have won regional.

However, so many teams were 2nd tiered,(or had the same problem as us we got 4th!?!

I think the problem was the floor it was run on, a rubber composite. We had been testing on tial and wood.
Maybe next time you should test on all surfaces. ;)
I am SirBobo and I approve this message

"Insert meaningful quote here"

Image Image
bearasauras

Post by bearasauras »

Sunshine Ninja wrote:OUR CAR DESIDED NOT TO MOVE @ REGINALS! We have been getting a score of around 180-ish, which would have won regional.

I'm surprised that you guys got 4th place because if your vehicle didn't move, then your team would have been in tier 4.
Sunshine Ninja
State: NC

Post by Sunshine Ninja »

bearasauras wrote:

I'm surprised that you guys got 4th place because if your vehicle didn't move, then your team would have been in tier 4.

It went three feet
2012 stats:
Mousetrap vehicle: reg. 4th,
Heredity: reg. 2nd,
Forestry: reg.1st :),
Team: reg. 1st!!!,

Past events: Ornithology (2), Food science, Elevated bridge, Optics, Junkyard Challenge

States in two days....kill me now

Return to “2012 Build Events”