Storm the Castle B

rosa3150
Division: B
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Storm the Castle B

Post by rosa3150 »

Ok I was wondering how far away the target will be. any ideas of max distance?
Last edited by rosa3150 on February 9th, 2012, 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sandpas
State: OH

Post by sandpas »

During the competition, the judges will tell you the mass of the counterweights and the projectiles. You will tell them the distance to set the target at. There is no preset max target distance, but I guess the back wall of the room where you are competing would be your max distance.
sciolycoach
Coach
Coach
Division: Grad
State: WI

Post by sciolycoach »

Hello,

Just as a clarification, I asked a good friend of mine who was running this event at Wright State and he agreed with this clarification, but said that the teams (he didn't remember any specifically) that wanted to use the additional notes were allowed to as long as they impounded their additional notes. The issue with a few teams came with not impounding notes/references, as these just couldn't be allowed to be brought in later in the day. I can't speak specifically on individuals or individual teams, but I can state that he has assured me that he was aware of that rule and that notes are allowed, just that impounding was also required for those notes/references.

Thanks again to Chalker and the entire Wright State Crew for an outstanding tournament! One of the best tournaments I have ever attended and a great experience was had by all. My students are still buzzing about it!

Andy Hamm
Boyceville Science Olympiad
Andy Hamm
Boyceville Science Olympiad
Boyceville, WI
chalker

Post by chalker »

rosa3150 wrote:Ok I was wondering how far away the target will be. any ideas of max distance? :geek:

If you want people to help you by responding, I suggest you don't make it hard on them to read your posts via silly color selections.....

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair
geminicross
Division: C
State: GA

Post by geminicross »

Although this event was really stressful last year for me. I have to say it felt good launching the Trebuchet. I kinda wish I was doing this event again.

Not sure if this helps but, last year we were able to decide where we wanted our target and got points for distance & accuracy
chalker

Post by chalker »

geminicross wrote: Not sure if this helps but, last year we were able to decide where we wanted our target and got points for distance & accuracy
It's the same this year....

Student Alumni
Bennett
State: WI

Post by Bennett »

I was wondering how can you make an adjustable pin angle on the end of your arm. We used a very small diameter piece of metal, and after a few uses it snapped.
STORM THE CASTLE IS THE BEST!
rosa3150
State: PA

Post by rosa3150 »

Ok I was wondering how far away the target will be. Any ideas of max distance?
sandpas

Post by sandpas »

Bennett wrote:I was wondering how can you make an adjustable pin angle on the end of your arm. We used a very small diameter piece of metal, and after a few uses it snapped.
You can put it on a wheel. That way you can rotate it to whatever angle you need. You could also make the pins removable. Have several of them with preset angles and swap them for what you need.
chalker

Post by chalker »

rosa3150 wrote:Ok I was wondering how far away the target will be. Any ideas of max distance?

Your question was answered the first time you asked it a few comments higher on this page. You should really get a copy of the rules and read them since the fact that YOU get to set the placement of the target is just one of MANY aspects of the event you need to know about.

Student Alumni

Return to “2012 Build Events”