Anatomy B/C

SciBomb97
Division: C
State: AL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by SciBomb97 »

LCovington wrote:I went to regionals 11-February and got Eleventh, which i'm happy about (not bad for the First Year?)

The questions were pretty easy, at least to me, the only part I found hard was the part about the heart (I didn't know that the heart was part of the respiratory system, thus I had no notes on it)
I'll venture a guess here, did they ask about what can happen to the left ventricle when a person develops emphysema/some other respiratory condition?
-- -- --
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~1 Corinthians 10:31~

They say that a smile can light up somebody's day
So today, smile
Shine a light in somebody's life
Be that light in the darkness
LCovington
State: FL

Post by LCovington »

SciBomb97 wrote:
LCovington wrote:I went to regionals 11-February and got Eleventh, which i'm happy about (not bad for the First Year?)

The questions were pretty easy, at least to me, the only part I found hard was the part about the heart (I didn't know that the heart was part of the respiratory system, thus I had no notes on it)
I'll venture a guess here, did they ask about what can happen to the left ventricle when a person develops emphysema/some other respiratory condition?
No, they simply had a model of the heart and we had to label it
chia wrote:Um, they're not really supposed to test on the heart - it's part of the cardiovascular system, not the respiratory. Internal respiration (gas exchange in blood vessels, transport of gases in blood) is fair game (at least at the Division C level) and maybe something about the pulmonary arteries/veins would be in the ballpark, but not the heart itself. What exactly was it asking about it?
They had a model of the heart and we had to label parts of it

Thanks you for the infos.
2013 Events: Anatomy B (4) and Disease Detectives B (5)

Yes, the guy in my avatar is me, don't ask.
SciBomb97
State: AL

Post by SciBomb97 »

LCovington wrote:No, they simply had a model of the heart and we had to label it.
Whoever your event proctor was, (s)he is messed up... That doesn't have anything to do with either system or the div. C excretory system.
I've seen event supervisors go outside the rules a bit, but whoa...
-- -- --
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~1 Corinthians 10:31~

They say that a smile can light up somebody's day
So today, smile
Shine a light in somebody's life
Be that light in the darkness
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: CA

Post by Kokonilly »

LCovington wrote:No, they simply had a model of the heart and we had to label it.
I sincerely hope that wasn't a regional or state competition. If it was, you should complain to your coach. If not... invitational test-writers aren't always the greatest. See: The Wayzata Anatomy test last year, a full third of which was on the skeletal system. :?

EDIT: My bad, didn't see the original post... If it was a regional competition, you should complain, especially if it could be the difference between your team and state.
LCovington

Post by LCovington »

Kokonilly wrote:
I sincerely hope that wasn't a regional or state competition. If it was, you should complain to your coach. If not... invitational test-writers aren't always the greatest. See: The Wayzata Anatomy test last year, a full third of which was on the skeletal system. :?

EDIT: My bad, didn't see the original post... If it was a regional competition, you should complain, especially if it could be the difference between your team and state.
I'm not really so sure that it would make the difference between my team and state considering that, as a team, we scored 29th place.

LCovington

Post by LCovington »

Kokonilly wrote:

I'm not really so sure that it would make the difference between my team and state considering that, as a team, we scored 29th place

EDIT: I live in Florida and our States are sometime this week anyway.

LCovington

Post by LCovington »

ptkid
State: TX

Post by ptkid »

Seven Lakes High School '16
Previous National Champion in Green Generation and National Medalist in CJAP, Disease Detectives, Entomology, & Water Quality
LCovington

Post by LCovington »

butter side up
State: PA

Post by butter side up »

Has anyone ever seen a lab practical portion of an anatomy test? We had three lab stations at regionals, in addition to the test packet. They were pretty basic, like doing pH testing on some liquids, IDing them, and telling where they'd be found in the body, (HCl and bicarbonate) and then doing structure ID on an actual set of pig lungs!!! It was actually really fun, but I'd never seen that before, and was wondering how common that was.
I am the one called "TARDIS Hat Girl," and am known as such by all.
2013: Anatomy, Experimental Design, Genetics, Forestry, Disease Detectives

Return to “2012 Study Events”