Anatomy B/C

Saturiea
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by Saturiea »

My opinion on the best thing to do would be to learn the study handout to get your legs under you, then continue building your knowledge so that anything proctors throw at you is a breeze.
akatsuki9
Division: C

Post by akatsuki9 »

Is the Textbook of Medical Physiology (Guyton) a good book to study from?
Quoth the raven... "NEVERMORE"
foreverphysics
Division: Grad
State: AL

Post by foreverphysics »

This is a really good Anatomy website: http://www.myaandp.com
You'd have to buy access to it, though, but it's the best Anatomy resource I've come upon.
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Kokonilly »

akatsuki9 wrote:Is the Textbook of Medical Physiology (Guyton) a good book to study from?
If your school has an Anatomy class, you can ask to borrow their textbook; otherwise, most college anatomy textbooks will be just fine (I've found that this book is pretty darn good). WebMD and the Mayo Clinic sites are also good for basic disease information.
foreverphysics

Post by foreverphysics »

Kokonilly wrote:
akatsuki9 wrote:Is the Textbook of Medical Physiology (Guyton) a good book to study from?
If your school has an Anatomy class, you can ask to borrow their textbook; otherwise, most college anatomy textbooks will be just fine (I've found that this book is pretty darn good). WebMD and the Mayo Clinic sites are also good for basic disease information.
Koko...don't you think that's a little expensive? $228? Not to diss yours or anything...but myaandp has an ebook, interactive activities, and tutoring stuf...for about $48.
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Kokonilly »

foreverphysics wrote:
Kokonilly wrote:
Koko...don't you think that's a little expensive? $228? Not to diss yours or anything...but myaandp has an ebook, interactive activities, and tutoring stuf...for about $48.
Ah, sorry; I didn't look at the cost. That's the textbook our school uses. My apologies. :oops: I'll take a look at your site at some point!
geekychic13
Division: B
State: IL

Post by geekychic13 »

So is it true that if you touch your soft palate you will throw up??? That;s what my partner said
GUESS WHAT???? I GOTS 1ST PLACE IN ALL MY EVENTS AT CONFERENCE!!!!
Anatomy, Crime Busters, Disease Detectives, Meteorology, Optics
:D
Jesus died for me.

Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah, they were all yellow

-Yellow, by Coldplay
foreverphysics

Post by foreverphysics »

geekychic13 wrote:So is it true that if you touch your soft palate you will throw up??? That;s what my partner said
Not true. You touch your soft palate all the time with your tongue. And doctors poke around your soft palate a lot too, sometimes.

ptkid
State: TX

Post by ptkid »

geekychic13 wrote:So is it true that if you touch your soft palate you will throw up??? That;s what my partner said
You throw up when you touch your uvula not your soft palate. (I think)
Seven Lakes High School '16
Previous National Champion in Green Generation and National Medalist in CJAP, Disease Detectives, Entomology, & Water Quality
butter side up
State: PA

Post by butter side up »

ptkid wrote:
You throw up when you touch your uvula not your soft palate. (I think)
Yes, but humans have a very strong gag reflex, so it is extremely difficult to do. I think the gag reflex mainly exists to try and prevent objects too large from being ingested.
I am the one called "TARDIS Hat Girl," and am known as such by all.
2013: Anatomy, Experimental Design, Genetics, Forestry, Disease Detectives

Return to “2012 Study Events”