Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by Kokonilly »

doctor wrote:It's never bad to over prepare
Very true. You don't know what the test writer will throw at you. (Content-wise, that is; hopefully they don't actually throw anything tangible at you.)
foreverphysics
State: AL

Post by foreverphysics »

It's just...we labeled the lungs, from microscopic parts to full lung. Then we labeled about thirty different parts in just the head alone. And then we went way in depth about pulmonary ventilation, and then the structure of the lungs. We accomplished this in about one hour, and this was the first Anatomy meeting...at this rate, we're not going to have anything to do by two weeks before Regionals.
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"
doctor
Division: C
State: PA

Post by doctor »

foreverphysics wrote:It's just...we labeled the lungs, from microscopic parts to full lung. Then we labeled about thirty different parts in just the head alone. And then we went way in depth about pulmonary ventilation, and then the structure of the lungs. We accomplished this in about one hour, and this was the first Anatomy meeting...at this rate, we're not going to have anything to do by two weeks before Regionals.
trust me there will always be something else to do
tests usually are more complicated than labeling diagrams (and even that can be difficult. At 2010 nats, we had to label pictures of real muscles which were harder to identify than a diagram)
you still have diseases to study, effect of exercise, function, and 2 whole other systems
EDIT: well for you, you only have another system since you're in B div
Z
. Z
Z
( ) ( )
( - . - )
c(")uu(") MADA MADA DANE
2013 Events: Anatomy, Designer Genes, Chem Lab
doctor's Userpage
mnstrviola
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus

Post by mnstrviola »

It's helpful to over-study, but not to over-think questions. Don't make it more complicated than it is :lol: .
thesilversound

Post by thesilversound »

The 2012 Training Handout is out now... just to let you know.
2011 SE Pennsylvania Regionals: Anatomy- 1st, Ornithology- 2nd, Ecology- 2nd
2011 Pennsylvania States: Anatomy - 2nd
foreverphysics
State: AL

Post by foreverphysics »

thesilversound wrote:The 2012 Training Handout is out now... just to let you know.
We don't go by the 2012 Training Handout. We look at it once, cover everything on it in half an hour, and then go back to overpreparing.
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"
butter side up

Post by butter side up »

Does anyone know how in-depth it is necessary to go with the hormones in the digestive system? Because there are ALOT of them.
I am the one called "TARDIS Hat Girl," and am known as such by all.
2013: Anatomy, Experimental Design, Genetics, Forestry, Disease Detectives
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Kokonilly »

butter side up wrote:Does anyone know how in-depth it is necessary to go with the hormones in the digestive system? Because there are ALOT of them.
Huh? It seems more like five to me... gastrin, secretin, CCK, GIP, and motilin. I don't know precisely how in-depth it needs to be for the digestive system, but for the endocrine I simply had the Hormones Wiki list on my cheat sheet and it worked out. That's way more than five hormones, but it's not too hard to learn as much as you can about them. That list, I think, would be a good starting point.
thesilversound

Post by thesilversound »

foreverphysics wrote:
thesilversound wrote:The 2012 Training Handout is out now... just to let you know.
We don't go by the 2012 Training Handout. We look at it once, cover everything on it in half an hour, and then go back to overpreparing.
It's okay if you don't use the handout... I just like it because it gives a good overview for what you need to know. I myself hate it when people only go by the handout because they end up not knowing anything. But for new competitors, it's a good place to start. Especially since for Division C, there are two new systems this year.
2011 SE Pennsylvania Regionals: Anatomy- 1st, Ornithology- 2nd, Ecology- 2nd
2011 Pennsylvania States: Anatomy - 2nd
mnstrviola

Post by mnstrviola »

For the 2 out of the 3 times I have competed in anatomy, (2 regionals, 1 state) The event coordinators have based their test entirely on the training handout. A lot of the questions were also worded almost exactly like they were on the training handout. IMO studying the training handout should be the 1st priority for people who are just starting the event.

Return to “2012 Study Events”