Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by mnstrviola »

Kokonilly wrote:I updated the respiratory diseases part of the wiki and the whole digestive system and digestive secretions pages - I think the digestive system page had waaaay too many categories and subcategories. It made it a little difficult to read. I hope no one objects!
Haha sorry, I really like putting stuff in sections and organizing them in the smallest ways possible. You have a good point when you say there were way too many categories, but do you think we can at least break down the In-depth Descriptions part? It's kind of hard for me to find stuff when it's all in one big paragraph. Maybe we can just do mouth + esophagus, stomach, accecory organs, small intestine, large intestine? It will only be 5 sections but I think it would make the information a lot more manageable.
SciBomb97
Division: C
State: AL

Post by SciBomb97 »

mnstrviola wrote:
Kokonilly wrote:I updated the respiratory diseases part of the wiki and the whole digestive system and digestive secretions pages - I think the digestive system page had waaaay too many categories and subcategories. It made it a little difficult to read. I hope no one objects!
Haha sorry, I really like putting stuff in sections and organizing them in the smallest ways possible. You have a good point when you say there were way too many categories, but do you think we can at least break down the In-depth Descriptions part? It's kind of hard for me to find stuff when it's all in one big paragraph. Maybe we can just do mouth + esophagus, stomach, accecory organs, small intestine, large intestine? It will only be 5 sections but I think it would make the information a lot more manageable.
I can fill in Crohn's Disease and stuff about digestive regulation. Also, another section under the In-Depth Descriptions about the GI tract wall layers might be in order too.
-- -- --
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~1 Corinthians 10:31~

They say that a smile can light up somebody's day
So today, smile
Shine a light in somebody's life
Be that light in the darkness
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: CA

Post by Kokonilly »

SciBomb97 wrote:
mnstrviola wrote:
I can fill in Crohn's Disease and stuff about digestive regulation. Also, another section under the In-Depth Descriptions about the GI tract wall layers might be in order too.
mnstr, I don't see why not. And sure - I'm not bringing my computer to California, so I'll do it when I get back. No rush.
SciBomb97
State: AL

Post by SciBomb97 »

For those of you who use textbooks to study for this event, which ones do you use?
-- -- --
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~1 Corinthians 10:31~

They say that a smile can light up somebody's day
So today, smile
Shine a light in somebody's life
Be that light in the darkness
Slarik
State: MD

Post by Slarik »

SciBomb97 wrote:For those of you who use textbooks to study for this event, which ones do you use?
Cliff Notes Anatomy and Physiology, Barron's E-Z Anatomy and Physiology, Biology 8th Edition (campbell/reece), and Gray's Anatomy

But I mostly I use the internet.
Exothermic reactions? I studied them before they were cool.
sazhassan
Division: B

Post by sazhassan »

Slarik wrote:
SciBomb97 wrote:For those of you who use textbooks to study for this event, which ones do you use?
Cliff Notes Anatomy and Physiology, Barron's E-Z Anatomy and Physiology, Biology 8th Edition (campbell/reece), and Gray's Anatomy

yah. same here.... (read my location)
My 1st season of SO:
Optics - (5th, 4th)
Water Quality - (3rd, 7th)
Compute This - (2nd, 5th)
Reach for the Stars - (1st, 2nd)
Experimental Design - (3rd, 7th)
Anatomy - (2nd, 2nd)
Team: 3rd, 4th

2013 events:
Anatomy, Reach for the Stars, water quality, meteorology, dynamic planet
Slarik

Post by Slarik »

sazhassan wrote:
Slarik wrote:

You have your own laptop? Sweet!
sazhassan

Post by sazhassan »

Slarik wrote:
sazhassan wrote:
Slarik wrote: Cliff Notes Anatomy and Physiology, Barron's E-Z Anatomy and Physiology, Biology 8th Edition (campbell/reece), and Gray's Anatomy

You have your own laptop? Sweet!
its not really mine... its a really old sony laptop from 2005. I don't like it much... haha but i use it to make my notes, nevertheless. :lol:
My 1st season of SO:
Optics - (5th, 4th)
Anatomy - (2nd, 2nd)

2013 events:
Slarik

Post by Slarik »

sazhassan wrote: its not really mine
Oh. Well, the laptop I use that isn't mine either... but I love it! It's an old macbook pro! :D
sazhassan

Post by sazhassan »

Slarik wrote:
sazhassan wrote: its not really mine
Oh. Well, the laptop I use that isn't mine either... but I love it! It's an old macbook pro! :D
Yah! Shared laptops ftw! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Honestly, I have so many Sci Oly files saved in my laptop... I cant even count them.... :?
My 1st season of SO:
Optics - (5th, 4th)
Anatomy - (2nd, 2nd)

2013 events:

Return to “2012 Study Events”