Anatomy B/C

ptkid
Division: Grad
State: TX
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by ptkid »

We answered gall bladder because we saw the cystic duct and the liver and thought obviously the gall bladder. Im still pretty mad 'cause I realized some of our stupid mistakes. :(
Seven Lakes High School '16
Previous National Champion in Green Generation and National Medalist in CJAP, Disease Detectives, Entomology, & Water Quality
science8
Division: C
State: GA

Post by science8 »

Sorry if this was already addressed, but does anyone know what system will be on the test next year?
SciBomb97
State: AL

Post by SciBomb97 »

From what I've heard, it's nervous and digestive. But I'm not entirely sure myself.
-- -- --
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~1 Corinthians 10:31~

They say that a smile can light up somebody's day
So today, smile
Shine a light in somebody's life
Be that light in the darkness
chalker
State: OH

Post by chalker »

science8 wrote:Sorry if this was already addressed, but does anyone know what system will be on the test next year?

Tentatively:
B Anatomy (Nervous, Digestive)
C Anatomy & Physiology (Nervous, Digestive, Excretory)

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair
havenguy
State: PA

Post by havenguy »

How likely is this to change? Will it be worth it to start getting ready for nervous now?

So happy respiratory is gone, I hated it...although I didn't compete in it other than invitationals (conflicts :evil:).
University of Pennsylvania Class of 2020
Strath Haven High School Class of 2016

2016 States Results:
Invasive Species: 1st
Dynamic Planet: 1st
Disease Detectives: 5th
Anatomy: 6th

Team Place: 4th
butter side up
State: PA

Post by butter side up »

havenguy wrote:How likely is this to change? Will it be worth it to start getting ready for nervous now?

So happy respiratory is gone, I hated it...although I didn't compete in it other than invitationals (conflicts :evil:).
I think that it would probably be good to do at least a basic overview, just to get yourself acquainted with the system. I'm planning on spending some time over the summer reviewing it. (Especially because it is the nervous system. That was my least favorite system in anatomy class- I was confused for pretty much a solid month.)
I am the one called "TARDIS Hat Girl," and am known as such by all.
2013: Anatomy, Experimental Design, Genetics, Forestry, Disease Detectives
Slarik
State: MD

Post by Slarik »

butter side up wrote:
havenguy wrote:How likely is this to change? Will it be worth it to start getting ready for nervous now?

I think that it would probably be good to do at least a basic overview, just to get yourself acquainted with the system. I'm planning on spending some time over the summer reviewing it. (Especially because it is the nervous system. That was my least favorite system in anatomy class- I was confused for pretty much a solid month.)
I found these 2 MIT videos really helpful when I studied the nervous system for ap bio. Edit: now that I have a real computer I'll paste the link: http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/biology/7-01 ... -system-1/
Last edited by Slarik on June 2nd, 2012, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LCovington
State: FL

Post by LCovington »

Slarik wrote:
butter side up wrote:

I found these 2 MIT videos really helpful when I studied the nervous system for ap bio. My iPod doesn't let me copy the link from quizlet easily, so just go to this link and copy the URL with the "MIT" in it. (why I put it on quizlet is bit of a story)

http://quizlet.com/11327481/helpful-links-flash-cards/

Hope it helps!
TELL US THE STORY!!!!
Slarik
State: MD

Post by Slarik »

LCovington wrote: TELL US THE STORY!!!!
basically a friend (the "pumpkin and tandya's brother" described on the quizlet link) thinks bio is horrible (not interesting, not much use etc). I posted the link on quizlet (which the pilgrimage group is basically our team's forum) and asked them to share the videos with their brother, because I enjoyed the videos (although I watched them for school). I don't think he's watched them yet, though.
Exothermic reactions? I studied them before they were cool.

Return to “2012 Study Events”