Reach for the Stars B

JKrafsur
Division: C
State: CO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Reach for the Stars B

Post by JKrafsur »

starshine wrote:Is there any chance for this to be a planetarium at Nationals? I'm wondering whether to bring red flashlights.
Well even though I am not going to nationals, I would guess yes. If you don't know already, the lights are actually meant for looking at your notes even in a powerpoint , not pointing to a constellation, they do that for you, at least they told us so when we asked what they were for. But judging how they usually go hog wild at nationals according to these forums, I would think its a good idea.
2012-2013 Events:

Astronomy, Write It/Do It, Rocks and Minerals, Food Science?
starshine
Division: B
State: NY

Post by starshine »

JKrafsur wrote:
starshine wrote:Is there any chance for this to be a planetarium at Nationals? I'm wondering whether to bring red flashlights.
Well even though I am not going to nationals, I would guess yes. If you don't know already, the lights are actually meant for looking at your notes even in a powerpoint , not pointing to a constellation, they do that for you, at least they told us so when we asked what they were for. But judging how they usually go hog wild at nationals according to these forums, I would think its a good idea.
Alright, thanks! I was planning to bring them anyway, I just wanted a second opinion on this.
2010 (1), 2011 (4), 2012 (7), 2013 (1)
rfscoach
Coach
Coach
State: GA

Post by rfscoach »

This is the room RFTS will be held in: http://www.scienceolympiad2012.com/tour ... the-stars/
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
Cheesy Pie
Division: Grad
State: MI

Post by Cheesy Pie »

I'd bring it anyway, just in case.
100% of deaths are somehow caused by science.
Don't be a statistic.
Don't do science.

Naperville Central High School '17 :arrow: Michigan State University Physics '21
GO GREEN GO WHITE
ReBobville
Division: Grad
State: PA

Post by ReBobville »

starshine wrote:
JKrafsur wrote:
Alright, thanks! I was planning to bring them anyway, I just wanted a second opinion on this.
Science Olympiad general rule #1: Bring everything that you could possibly need to your events.

BTW, I'll get to compete against you starshine at nats!!
Strath Haven High School- 2015
Purdue University- 2019
XJcwolfyX

Post by XJcwolfyX »

Me too!
Medal Counter: 73
starshine
State: NY

Post by starshine »

Haha, I'm looking forward to competing against you all!

Is there any real simple way of detecting which wavelength a picture is taken in (ie. visible, infrared, x-ray, etc.)? I know looking at pictures really helps, but if there is an easier way of identifying this, I would appreciate it if someone told me.
2010 (1), 2011 (4), 2012 (7), 2013 (1)
XJcwolfyX

Post by XJcwolfyX »

Sorry, but there is no way to identify different wavelengths that is effective and that applies to all photos. Sorry.
Medal Counter: 73
havenbro
State: PA

Post by havenbro »

So that means that the Nationals test will be written, true? Or will it be a powerpoint.
Nationals Medals:
2012: Meteorology B (6th Place)
2013: Reach for the Stars B (3rd Place)
rfscoach
Coach
Coach
State: GA

Post by rfscoach »

havenbro wrote:So that means that the Nationals test will be written, true? Or will it be a powerpoint.
it was written in '08, powerpoint in'09
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.

Return to “2012 Study Events”