Road Scholar B

Jim_R
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0

Road Scholar B

Post by Jim_R »

-The path of the Administrator is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

-Nothing\'s gonna get deleted. We\'re gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what\'s Fonzie like? Come on, what\'s Fonzie like?
-Cool?
-Correctamundo. And that\'s what we\'re gonna be. We\'re gonna be cool. Now, I\'m gonna count to three, and when I count three, you let go of your mouse, and back away from the keyboard. But when you do it, you do it cool. Ready? One... two... three.
qwerrecd
Division: C
State: CA
Been thanked: 0

Re: Road Scholar B

Post by qwerrecd »

I remember this event! I dominated it at regionals (won 2 years in a row). I just wish I could have tried it at State :(
fishman100
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: VA

Post by fishman100 »

qwerrecd wrote:I remember this event! I dominated it at regionals (won 2 years in a row). I just wish I could have tried it at State :(
VA doesn't have Road Scholar at Regionals. I wonder why this is...
Langley HS Science Olympiad '15
tornado guy
Division: C
State: WA

Post by tornado guy »

fishman100 wrote:
How can you not have an event that is part of Science Olympiad? I understand that happening at invites.. but at Regionals this is where points count.
Proud ExCEL Homeschooler for five awesome years!
Nationals 2012: Meteorology 5th, R&M 19th, WQ 21st, DP 30th. Team 11th

Regionals 2013 C division: DP 3rd, WQ 5th.
chalker
State: OH

Post by chalker »

tornado guy wrote:
fishman100 wrote:
How can you not have an event that is part of Science Olympiad? I understand that happening at invites.. but at Regionals this is where points count.

Tournament directors at all levels have some leeway in what events to run. Some states actually run modified versions of certain events and publish their own state-specific rules online. For example, last year in Ohio we didn't run SumoBots as a full event for various reasons.

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair
fishman100
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by fishman100 »

chalker wrote:
tornado guy wrote:
fishman100 wrote:

Tournament directors at all levels have some leeway in what events to run. Some states actually run modified versions of certain events and publish their own state-specific rules online. For example, last year in Ohio we didn't run SumoBots as a full event for various reasons.
Agreed; we also don't run trial/demo events at States like others do.
dustykingwood
Division: B
State: TX

Post by dustykingwood »

In road scholar but I'm the only one who knows what they are doing. Kinda stinks since I can't go to our first invitationals. Does anybody have some helpful hints or links for my teammates? I have done a ton so far but it kinda hard making new worksheets every week. Thanks :V stay tasty my friends
^.^ Chloe "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." Dr. Seuss
fishman100
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by fishman100 »

dustykingwood wrote:Does anybody have some helpful hints or links for my teammates?
Make sure you have all of your resources...and since you can have as many reference materials as you want it doesn't hurt to cram your binder with information.
dustykingwood wrote:I have done a ton so far but it kinda hard making new worksheets every week.
Check out the Road Scholar Test Exchange for practice tests. However you might have to find the map online since they don't include the maps.
dustykingwood wrote:stay tasty my friends
wat
dustykingwood
Division: B
State: TX

Post by dustykingwood »

fishman100 wrote:
dustykingwood wrote:Does anybody have some helpful hints or links for my teammates?
Make sure you have all of your resources...and since you can have as many reference materials as you want it doesn't hurt to cram your binder with information.
dustykingwood wrote:I have done a ton so far but it kinda hard making new worksheets every week.
Check out the Road Scholar Test Exchange for practice tests. However you might have to find the map online since they don't include the maps.
dustykingwood wrote:stay tasty my friends
wat
Chicken. Fried. It's a southern thing.
^.^ Chloe "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." Dr. Seuss
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

Related to Dos Equis?

Another good way to help is to just look at maps. Seriously. Just get a whole bunch of topo and highway maps and try to get familiar with them, their layouts, and the information on it. It's really helpful, and if you're like me, it's fun. :D
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!

Return to “2012 Study Events”