Jim_R
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0

Triple E [TX State Event]

Post by Jim_R »

Discussion for Triple E.
-The path of the Administrator is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

-Nothing\'s gonna get deleted. We\'re gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what\'s Fonzie like? Come on, what\'s Fonzie like?
-Cool?
-Correctamundo. And that\'s what we\'re gonna be. We\'re gonna be cool. Now, I\'m gonna count to three, and when I count three, you let go of your mouse, and back away from the keyboard. But when you do it, you do it cool. Ready? One... two... three.
ptkid
State: TX
Been thanked: 0

Re: Triple E [TX State Event]

Post by ptkid »

so does anybody happen to have any tests on triple e? (would be appreciated) What laws are you guys putting on your notecards?
Seven Lakes High School '16
Previous National Champion in Green Generation and National Medalist in CJAP, Disease Detectives, Entomology, & Water Quality
Luigi
Division: B

Post by Luigi »

Haven't been to any tournaments running it, so no tests
Last edited by Luigi on January 5th, 2012, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When life gives you lemons,
make grapefruit juice and let life wonder how you did it!
:)
Luigi

Post by Luigi »

ptkid wrote:so does anybody happen to have any tests on triple e? (would be appreciated) What laws are you guys putting on your notecards?
And, for the laws, just go to the websites listed on the rules and poke around
When life gives you lemons,
make grapefruit juice and let life wonder how you did it!
:)
liutony66
Division: C

Post by liutony66 »

I find something very interesting about this event is the parameter in which we may only use 3x5 notecards. What is the purpose of making this rule? Being new to Science Olympiad, I was also wondering if they have had such a thing like this before.

Additionally, I have a question about a sentence in the event description. When it says: "Students will need to know when the animals were listed in Texas." This requirement is not listed within the Competition parameters, and seems quite vague. Could it be saying when the species were first found in Texas? Thanks!
ptkid

Post by ptkid »

liutony66 wrote:I find something very interesting about this event is the parameter in which we may only use 3x5 notecards. What is the purpose of making this rule? Being new to Science Olympiad, I was also wondering if they have had such a thing like this before.

Additionally, I have a question about a sentence in the event description. When it says: "Students will need to know when the animals were listed in Texas." This requirement is not listed within the Competition parameters, and seems quite vague. Could it be saying when the species were first found in Texas? Thanks!
Where in texas the species is found. You could include where it was first found but that might be harder to find on the internet.
EDIT: In the event Environmental Science I believe you had to make handwritten notes to competition like triple e but on 8.5 x 11 paper.
Seven Lakes High School '16
Previous National Champion in Green Generation and National Medalist in CJAP, Disease Detectives, Entomology, & Water Quality
turtlegirl

Post by turtlegirl »

ptkid wrote:so does anybody happen to have any tests on triple e? (would be appreciated) What laws are you guys putting on your notecards?
I would put all the major laws for protecting endangered animals, such as mmpa, cities, ones like those.
turtlegirl

Post by turtlegirl »

liutony66 wrote:I find something very interesting about this event is the parameter in which we may only use 3x5 notecards. What is the purpose of making this rule? Being new to Science Olympiad, I was also wondering if they have had such a thing like this before.

First off, the rules are the same from 2 years ago, with some changes on the list. So yes the 25 notecards has been seen before. Also when it says that we will have to know when the animals were listed, it means the date of introduction in texas for exotic animals, and when it was listed endangered/threatened in texas. I would also know if and when it is listed nationally along with the state status.
Tine

Post by Tine »

Return to “2012 Study Events”