Help with Towers!!

nTvarify
Division: C
State: NJ
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help with Towers!!

Post by nTvarify »

Hi. I did the bridge building events back in 2009 and I did very good.First place in a state competition. After a year hiatus, I am back to scioly and building towers. I need some help though. Our team doesn't have much funds and we have no rulebooks. Could someone post the Division C rules just for towers? It would be SOO appreciated.

Also does anyone have good scores for Division C and B towers with the regional scoring? Thank for helping a new member out!
quizbowl
Division: Grad
State: NY

Re: Help with Towers!!

Post by quizbowl »

nTvarify wrote:Hi. I did the bridge building events back in 2009 and I did very well.First place in a state competition. After a year hiatus, I am back to scioly and building towers. I need some help though. Our team doesn't have much funds and we have no rulebooks. Could someone post the Division C rules just for towers? It would be SOO appreciated.

Also does anyone have good scores for Division C and B towers with the regional scoring? Thank for helping a new member out!
Unfortunately, we are unable to post any rules on the website. You can, however, buy them in the SOINC store.
Also, the scoring sheets are available on the Tower page on the aforementioned website.
2010: 5th in NYS
2011: 4th in NYS
2012: 3rd in NYS
<quizbowl> ey kid ya want some shortbread
<EASTstroudsburg13> I don't know why, but I just can't bring myself to delete this post.
baker
State: NY

Post by baker »

nTvarify wrote:Hi. I did the bridge building events back in 2009 and I did very good.First place in a state competition. After a year hiatus, I am back to scioly and building towers. I need some help though. Our team doesn't have much funds and we have no rulebooks. Could someone post the Division C rules just for towers? It would be SOO appreciated.

Look at "Team score sheet/checklist" and "Event score sheet/spreadsheet". You should be able to figure out what is required... There is a min./max.
http://www.soinc.org/towers_c or http://www.soinc.org/towers_b
jander14indoor

Post by jander14indoor »

If your team has paid the fee to participate your coach automatically gets at least ONE rule book. They are authorized to copy pages from the book as needed for the team. Talk to your coach.

Jeff Anderson
Livonia, MI
nTvarify
State: NJ

Post by nTvarify »

It's a weird situation I am in with my coach....
If you can't post the rules can someone at least post the parameters?
Balsa Man
Coach
Coach
State: CO

Post by Balsa Man »

nTvarify wrote:It's a weird situation I am in with my coach....
If you can't post the rules can someone at least post the parameters?
All the parameters are right there in the link Baker posted. The Powerpoint lays it all out. Please read it
Len Joeris
Fort Collins, CO
billnyethescienceguy
State: NC

Post by billnyethescienceguy »

This is my first year doing towers. Can anyone explain to me how to brace the legs of a tower properly. I am still confused about the process. Thanks.
Balsa Man
Coach
Coach
State: CO

Post by Balsa Man »

billnyethescienceguy wrote:This is my first year doing towers. Can anyone explain to me how to brace the legs of a tower properly. I am still confused about the process. Thanks.
Its all already here. Read. Learn
Len Joeris
Fort Collins, CO

Return to “Towers B/C”