TYG
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: towers results for your state: state, team, score and pl

Post by TYG »

Mr Tower wrote:
Faustina wrote:Any predictions for what it will take to medal (top 6) in Michigan?
Depends on how competitive michigan is and what division you are in. Probably around 50/60 for an average state in b and 60/70 for c
I remember a discussion before about how the average scores for towers would be approximately the same for both divisions, since the specs are harder for C but they've got more experienced builders?
lucwilder42
Division: Grad
State: MI

Post by lucwilder42 »

Faustina wrote:Any predictions for what it will take to medal (top 6) in Michigan?
probably 80/100+ for c
I'm just here to build bridges
sj
State: NJ

Post by sj »

WW-P South got a score of 62 and JPS got a score of I believe 66. They did test after the session ended and also modified their tower after check-in. Additionally the judges publicly posted all the scores and tower specs on a board so that may have caused teams to modify their towers after seeing how massive other towers were. In the end it didn't matter so whatever.
2011 Nationals Results : Sumo Bots 2nd, Helicopters 4rd, Mission Possible 4th, Towers, 9th
WWP SOUTH 3rd At NATS!!!!!

2012 Events: Robot Arm, Towers, Gravity Vehicle
spikeytomato

Post by spikeytomato »

in southern california, the winning tower scored around a 105 i believe
however, the 3rd and 4th place teams would have scored 123 and 112 (they actually scored around the 90s) respectively and won the event if the event supervisors had not damaged their towers during measurements and handling
oh, and surprisingly, troy didnt place in the top 6
Efficiency
State: NY

Post by Efficiency »

For Division B using the State score calculation, how does one think that a score of a 74 would place in New York? I'm a little nervous, since NY is ultra-competitive and I do really want to medal. :| Thank you!

Oh, and I do apologize if this is too off-topic. I'm not really sure where else to put this -- I just saw that there was a post similar to this one above. Sorry, and thank you!
Regionals 2011
Towers - 4th
Science Crime Busters - 4th

New York State 2011
Towers - 5th
Science Crime Busters - 4th
Junkyard Challenge - ..36th T___T
Can't Judge a Powder - 23rd D:
nejanimb
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: PA

Post by nejanimb »

spikeytomato wrote:in southern california, the winning tower scored around a 105 i believe
however, the 3rd and 4th place teams would have scored 123 and 112 (they actually scored around the 90s) respectively and won the event if the event supervisors had not damaged their towers during measurements and handling
oh, and surprisingly, troy didnt place in the top 6
That's a terrible shame. Supervisors really should never handle the towers at all - especially not for competent teams. I've had to help out some teams (when I do, I always get very express permission before touching their towers at all and tell the competitors that although I'll do my best not to break it, if they want my assistance they're accepting that I might accidentally damage it), but those were only ever the teams who didn't know what they were doing in the first place and weren't going to be very competitive.

I also recall one year that Troy was like 12th or something in bridges at States -- and then medalled ahead of me at Nationals. The guy that had been their main builder (and last year's national champion) did graduate last year though...
Harriton '10, UVA '14
Event Supervisor in MA (prev. VA and NorCal)
S4BB
Division: B
State: IL

Post by S4BB »

Just back from Illinois states and the team took 1st with a score of 110, tower weighed 7.5g and held total amount. Thanks to the Team from South for lending us some glue to fix our tower just before we competed, thanks so much.
thsom

Post by thsom »

S4BB wrote:Just back from Illinois states and the team took 1st with a score of 110, tower weighed 7.5g and held total amount. Thanks to the Team from South for lending us some glue to fix our tower just before we competed, thanks so much.
Quite good, Our div. C tower prematurely broke, but at practice the state efficiency was about 97, we had to make another and bulked it up about .3 g for states, but murphy's law was our doom.
EDIT: Do you by any chance know grayslake hs efficiency because they won state with their tower?
S4BB
Division: B

Post by S4BB »

Grayslake HS was not at states, do you mean regional? Their regional score was 110.65.
thsom

Post by thsom »

S4BB wrote:Grayslake HS was not at states, do you mean regional? Their regional score was 110.65.
Oh, oops, I must've been mistaken, Who did take towers at state div. c AA (out of curiosity)

Return to “Towers B/C”