Will/Did You Make It to Nationals?

3nv1r0nm3ntal ch3m
Division: C
State: VA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Will/Did You Make It to Nationals?

Post by 3nv1r0nm3ntal ch3m »

Discuss whether you think your team will make it to nationals, and which teams you expect to see there. :)
Now that states is over did you make it?
Last edited by 3nv1r0nm3ntal ch3m on April 15th, 2012, 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
tornado guy
State: WA

Re: Will You Make It to Nationals?

Post by tornado guy »

It's kind of early for this topic but if it's on here then....

Obviously Solon, J.C. Booth and Paul J Gelinas are all going to nationals... I hope we (ExCEL) goes this year, but we have tough competition up north and locally! Should be another great year of Science Olympiad :D
Proud ExCEL Homeschooler for five awesome years!
Nationals 2012: Meteorology 5th, R&M 19th, WQ 21st, DP 30th. Team 11th

Regionals 2013 C division: DP 3rd, WQ 5th.
fishman100
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: VA

Post by fishman100 »

tornado guy wrote:It's kind of early for this topic but if it's on here then....

Obviously Solon, J.C. Booth and Paul J Gelinas are all going to nationals... I hope we (ExCEL) goes this year, but we have tough competition up north and locally! Should be another great year of Science Olympiad :D
I'm not making any predictions...they might get upset by another team!

On another note, GO KILMER!!!
Last edited by fishman100 on October 6th, 2011, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Langley HS Science Olympiad '15
rfscoach
Coach
Coach
Division: B
State: GA

Post by rfscoach »

fishman100 wrote:
tornado guy wrote:It's kind of early for this topic but if it's on here then....

I'm not making any predictions...they might get upset by another team!
Here's to hoping that JC Booth gets upset by another team or two....
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
foreverphysics
State: AL

Post by foreverphysics »

Well...
I really hope this offends no one, but I really think that we'll make it to Nationals this year. Just this year, I've convinced three people already to join scioly.org, and we haven't even officially started practicing. Not only that, but we've gotten started earlier this year, and we've actually got people who are willing to work for our team to get to Nats. We have members who will study long hours into the night to get to Nats.
And...I know that getting to Nats isn't guaranteed, by any means, but we have gotten the state championship for 14 years straight. Alabama's not a very competitive state in the first place, but they send 2 teams to Nats every year...and the only school who's even half as competitive as we are is OLV, who hasn't ever beat us.
Now, before all of you start getting mad at me, we are willing to work extremely hard this year to get to Nats. Our coach's goal is for us to get in the top 10 this year. I don't know how plausible that is, but I do know that that will give us incentive to work really hard...and beat our state even worse than we did two years ago, when we got a total score of 63 (lowest score wins), and second place got over 120.
I know we have no guarantee...but I really do think we'll make it to Nats, and I'll be able to go third year running. I look forward to the competition.

May the best team win. (That is for everyone.)
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"
tornado guy

Post by tornado guy »

foreverphysics wrote:Well...
I really hope this offends no one, but I really think that we'll make it to Nationals this year. Just this year, I've convinced three people already to join scioly.org, and we haven't even officially started practicing. Not only that, but we've gotten started earlier this year, and we've actually got people who are willing to work for our team to get to Nats. We have members who will study long hours into the night to get to Nats.
And...I know that getting to Nats isn't guaranteed, by any means, but we have gotten the state championship for 14 years straight. Alabama's not a very competitive state in the first place, but they send 2 teams to Nats every year...and the only school who's even half as competitive as we are is OLV, who hasn't ever beat us.
Now, before all of you start getting mad at me, we are willing to work extremely hard this year to get to Nats. Our coach's goal is for us to get in the top 10 this year. I don't know how plausible that is, but I do know that that will give us incentive to work really hard...and beat our state even worse than we did two years ago, when we got a total score of 63 (lowest score wins), and second place got over 120.
I know we have no guarantee...but I really do think we'll make it to Nats, and I'll be able to go third year running. I look forward to the competition.

If your whole team is studying hard and likes what they do the odds are greater that you can do well.
Proud ExCEL Homeschooler for five awesome years!
Nationals 2012: Meteorology 5th, R&M 19th, WQ 21st, DP 30th. Team 11th

Regionals 2013 C division: DP 3rd, WQ 5th.
zyzzyva980
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: IA

Post by zyzzyva980 »

I think there's definitely a distinct possibility that there will be a team from Kansas going to Nationals this year. I don't want to jinx it, but... I've got a good feeling about the teams in Kansas this year. One of them just has to be going to Nationals.
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: [wiki][/wiki] & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter
JKrafsur
State: CO

Post by JKrafsur »

Well I certainly hope we do after last year's technical "win" if we hadnt written in pencil. In CO it is really between us, a school a mile down the road who we are absolute arch rivals with, much improved homeschool science, and connect, unless there is a suprise team (like we were last year)
2012-2013 Events:

Astronomy, Write It/Do It, Rocks and Minerals, Food Science?
JKrafsur
State: CO

Post by JKrafsur »

foreverphysics wrote:Well...

That is exactly what we did, we started months earlier and everybody seems to be motivated now that we realize there is a chance to go!! Hopefully this is the year, itd be a lot easier if they sent 2 from CO like in 2010
2012-2013 Events:

Astronomy, Write It/Do It, Rocks and Minerals, Food Science?
Teal

Post by Teal »

If my team makes it to Nationals, then I will firmly believe a higher power is granting grace upon us.
Unlike you guys, who are in very motivated teams, our members are not willing to fight. Not as in, aggressively pester the judges, but they don't put in hours of study and work. I think half of the team is serious about science olympiad, whereas the other team is there... just to be there. This one girl competed in FOUR events, and didn't know anything. Forensics, Dynamic Planet, Fossils, and Sounds of Music. :/ We got about 20th at all of them at REGIONALS.

We make up for it with our stronger competitors. There's this genius on our team who slaughters the tests, and an amazing duo for WIDI.
high school: birds, trees, widi, expdes, mousetrap, gravity
from the evergreen state to the farm, '17!

Return to “2012 Nationals”