Nationals Webcast

quizbowl
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Nationals Webcast

Post by quizbowl »

Does anyone know if UCF will be streaming the awards live and/or posting them on Youtube again? I'd love to watch the culmination of a hard year's work for several teams :)
2010: 5th in NYS
2011: 4th in NYS
2012: 3rd in NYS
<quizbowl> ey kid ya want some shortbread
<EASTstroudsburg13> I don't know why, but I just can't bring myself to delete this post.
tornado guy
Division: C
State: WA

Re: Nationals Webcast

Post by tornado guy »

I'm not sure why they would not. In the past there has been a webcast on the hosting university's site for the opening and closing ceremonies.
Proud ExCEL Homeschooler for five awesome years!
Nationals 2012: Meteorology 5th, R&M 19th, WQ 21st, DP 30th. Team 11th

Regionals 2013 C division: DP 3rd, WQ 5th.
Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: MN

Post by Luo »

I asked this question yesterday via the "Contact Us" form on the nationals website. Mr. McKee has not yet responded.
Proud alumnus of Mounds View High School Science Olympiad, Arden Hills, MN
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/
techmaster55
Division: B

Post by techmaster55 »

Its only a week and a half before nationals, I doubt they will have a live webcast if they didn't say so already. Its a shame really, I wanted the alternates, coaches and parents back home to be able to at least see the opening and closing ceremonys.
Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by Luo »

techmaster55 wrote:Its only a week and a half before nationals, I doubt they will have a live webcast if they didn't say so already. Its a shame really, I wanted the alternates, coaches and parents back home to be able to at least see the opening and closing ceremonys.
Maybe you could send Mr. McKee a message via the "Contact Us" form on the nationals website, just as I did. He's probably extremely busy right now, but maybe seeing a similar message from a different person will convince him of the immense value of a webcast and archived video of the opening and awards ceremonies.
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/
Aia
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
State: WA

Post by Aia »

I would be shocked (and disappointed) if a webcast wasn't made available. Even when I went to Nationals five years ago there was a webcast... here's hoping that an announcement will be made soon.
Science Olympiad Alumna and Volunteer
Aia's Boomilever Guide: http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Aia%27 ... ever_Guide
Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by Luo »

Since so many people (including many of the members of my team) have been asking about this, and given the lack of response via the "Contact Us" form, I will go ahead and post this question on Wiggio, Mr. McKee's seemingly preferred method of communication at this point.
smartkid222
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C

Post by smartkid222 »

I would also be disappointed. I actually really want to see it live this year and I was considering a scioly party the day of the closing ceremony.
Image 2008 NY BLG Champ
2010 NY Helicopter Champ
ptkid
State: TX

Post by ptkid »

Our team emailed Jenny Kopach @ [email protected] and found out that they are having it streamed live and that they were going to update the website. But who knows, it might be wrong? :?
Seven Lakes High School '16
Previous National Champion in Green Generation and National Medalist in CJAP, Disease Detectives, Entomology, & Water Quality
Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by Luo »

ptkid wrote:Our team emailed Jenny Kopach @ [email protected] and found out that they are having it streamed live and that they were going to update the website. But who knows, it might be wrong? :?
Cool! Thanks for letting us know. If that's truly the response they received from Jenny then I assume it would be pretty reliable.

Return to “2012 Nationals”