hscmom
Coach
Coach
Division: Grad
State: CO
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Re: Questions about alternate teams

Post by hscmom »

Actually not wishing for the moon as much as making sure it's not stupid to book a little weekend away with the family. It HAS happened before to another team in the state (I think this happened before we were a team -- I'd have to look it up). So, it might be rare but it happened.

Sounds like it is fine to book another trip. My son is only on four events and he'd be easy to replace if something weird happened and we DID go.

My three daughters were along for the ride. Two are on our C team which was second but Colo. is nowhere close to sending a second C team. The other one is only in 5th grade and she competed on our second team which didn't make it to state as they only covered about 1/3 the events if I remember right -- just a handful of kids.

So it's really only my son that would've competed.
Homeschool Science Colorado since August 2008
JKrafsur
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by JKrafsur »

hscmom wrote:Actually not wishing for the moon as much as making sure it's not stupid to book a little weekend away with the family. It HAS happened before to another team in the state (I think this happened before we were a team -- I'd have to look it up). So, it might be rare but it happened.
Yup it has happened in Colorado before. Two years ago Oregon dropped their spot and we took their place, so Connect got to go to nationals too.
2012-2013 Events:

Astronomy, Write It/Do It, Rocks and Minerals, Food Science?
hscmom
Coach
Coach

Post by hscmom »

JKrafsur wrote: Yup it has happened in Colorado before. Two years ago Oregon dropped their spot and we took their place, so Connect got to go to nationals too.
Oh, don't get my hopes up.
JKrafsur
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by JKrafsur »

Well, I hate to be a party crusher, but just in case you are still facing a debate, and for all the viewers of this forum from across america, the time has come to book that vacation, or get the tickets to the Mariners vs. Rockies game in my world. Every state has been filled up and the feasible drop outs have had almost 2 weeks to fill out forms of registration, which by now we would know if they had dropped out, which they havent. I truly am shocked that no Div B state dropped their spot, its happened like 5 years in a row, some from different states of course, but still. I really feel bad for you guys over at HSC, losing by 7 points, it must be much worse then how we are feeling, but if it makes you feel better, Preston is losing 1/2 if not more of its team to HS next year (thank goodness its my high school) so I'm sure you guys can win next year, but on the bright side, have fun on vacation! :D (I never get vacations)
2012-2013 Events:

Astronomy, Write It/Do It, Rocks and Minerals, Food Science?
hscmom
Coach
Coach

Post by hscmom »

JKrafsur wrote:Well, I hate to be a party crusher, but just in case you are still facing a debate, and for all the viewers of this forum from across america, the time has come to book that vacation, or get the tickets to the Mariners vs. Rockies game in my world. Every state has been filled up and the feasible drop outs have had almost 2 weeks to fill out forms of registration, which by now we would know if they had dropped out, which they havent. I truly am shocked that no Div B state dropped their spot, its happened like 5 years in a row, some from different states of course, but still. I really feel bad for you guys over at HSC, losing by 7 points, it must be much worse then how we are feeling, but if it makes you feel better, Preston is losing 1/2 if not more of its team to HS next year (thank goodness its my high school) so I'm sure you guys can win next year, but on the bright side, have fun on vacation! :D (I never get vacations)
Well, you are not the party crusher; I was just wondering about the chances. Yup, by now, all the state qualifiers have had a week to consider and either accept or not.

We've long since booked the tickets, reserved the rooms, looked up Yosemite and such, and planned a great treap.

Yup, losing by 7 hurt -- but we're encouraged that if we fix up some shaky events we hae a shot at it. We're also losing some kids, both on B and on C. Three B kids must move up due to age and "busy-ness." It's always a stressful thing in the summer, trying to scare up good kids who are willing to study.

We'll just have wait and see...

Return to “2012 Nationals”