Scioly.org Meet-Up at Nationals

rfscoach
Coach
Coach
Division: B
State: GA

Re: Scioly.org Meet-Up at Nationals

Post by rfscoach »

3slh9 wrote:Not this year. The coach's meeting is during the Italian ice social so after the swap meet. I think they do that for supervision purposes.

And if they expect every team to swap stuff, then they know exactly how many teams will be there, so assign tables. How hard is that?
From the posted schedule -
Close of ceremonies + 1 hour Coaches Meeting UCF Arena Main Floor

I am reading that as the Coaches meeting starting at the end of opening ceremonies and running for one hour as it always has. Many teams don't stay for the ice cream social (where students would also need supervision..) plus coaches and Event Supervisors are already in one place which won't be the case after swap. I will email Mike McKee for clarification....
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
3slh9
Coach
Coach
Division: C
State: KS
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by 3slh9 »

Thanks. That wording is confusing. I took it as it started 1 hour after the end of the ceremonies. I will be there anyway so it doesn't really matter. My kids are staying for everything.
TheWiseGirl
Division: Grad
State: WA

Post by TheWiseGirl »

So 9PM, main entrance, after opening ceremonies, correct?
I never got to meet any of you last year; I think infinityflat did though. I'll see if I can get him to come along (shouldn't be too hard). I'm always up for socializing, so I'll be there! :)
I'm quirky like a quark.
Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: MN

Post by Luo »

TheWiseGirl wrote:So 9PM, main entrance, after opening ceremonies, correct?
I never got to meet any of you last year; I think infinityflat did though. I'll see if I can get him to come along (shouldn't be too hard). I'm always up for socializing, so I'll be there! :)
If you're the person who was Infinity's Disease partner (and homecoming date), then we did sort of meet, but I didn't actually tell you my name.
Proud alumnus of Mounds View High School Science Olympiad, Arden Hills, MN
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/
haverstall
State: MN

Post by haverstall »

Luo wrote:
If you're the person who was Infinity's Disease partner (and homecoming date), then we did sort of meet, but I didn't actually tell you my name.
Always creepy Luo. Congrats.

On a side note, it was pretty hilarious to see InfinityFlat go up for the physics demonstration at the opening ceremonies last year.
Mounds View Science Olympiad 2008-2012 || 6th, Remote Sensing, 2011 Nationals

Co-Tournament Coordinator of Gopher Science Olympiad Invitational
Co-Chair of Minnesota Science Olympiad Alumni
TheWiseGirl

Post by TheWiseGirl »

Luo wrote:
OH! I think I know who you are! I've probably FB stalked you before... No worries about being creepy; we Washington kids do it on a daily basis! :P

*Edit: And yes, I was his homecoming date.
I'm quirky like a quark.
silentsage
Division: C
State: PA

Post by silentsage »

I would come. See you guys there. Also, I'm kinda raging about paying for the stuff that is in the competition store (last year there were freebies). :(
Road Scholar seems to depress everyone on my team who does it, but it's my favorite event...
I <3 DQIX and Squirtle
2013 RS National Champ
TheWiseGirl

Post by TheWiseGirl »

silentsage wrote:I would come. See you guys there. Also, I'm kinda raging about paying for the stuff that is in the competition store (last year there were freebies). :(
Oh I know! No free stuff this year :( Have you seen the national shirts? They're kind of...interesting (that's girl speak for "No way would you ever see me in THAT"). This is why the girls on my team are making our own national shirts :) They're bright pink, so you should be able to spot us fairly easily...
I'm quirky like a quark.
srsvball95
State: TX

Post by srsvball95 »

Should we tentatively plan which table to meet up at during the swap meet? There's a map of all the tables: http://www.scienceolympiad2012.com/wp-c ... p-Meet.pdf

We could either meet up at one of the tables in the center (12-15) or at one of the tables towards the edge. What do you guys think?
Seven Lakes High School Class of 2014
Beckendorff Alumni
foreverphysics
State: AL

Post by foreverphysics »

Or...y'know, maybe, just maybe we can stick with Luo's original plan. Is that at all possible, do you think?
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"

Return to “2012 Nationals”