thedjoker95
Division: C
State: MN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ultimate Frisbee Tournament?

Post by thedjoker95 »

Hi all,
There will be an 8 team ultimate frisbee tournament. For the sake of time and simplicity, the format will be single-elimination, first to score 11, 7 vs 7. If you want to coordinate a match with another team, feel free. The draw will be random. So far, there's 2 teams signed up, Mounds View, MN and Waterville, Maine. Each team should bring one frisbee. The match times will probably be Friday morning and afternoon before the competitor's picnic, with some play on Thursday night possible, but unlikely. If your team is willing to play, please comment your school's name and state below. Thanks
Djoker
thedjoker95

Re: Ultimate Frisbee Tournament?

Post by thedjoker95 »

because of the 8 team limit, only the first 6 teams to reply can be put into the draw
zyzzyva980
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: IA

Post by zyzzyva980 »

Olathe North (Kansas) would probably be able to do it, assuming we can scrape together seven people.

EDIT: We can totally scrape together seven people.
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: [wiki][/wiki] & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter
havenguy
State: PA

Post by havenguy »

thedjoker95 wrote:Hi all,
There will be an 8 team ultimate frisbee tournament. For the sake of time and simplicity, the format will be single-elimination, first to score 11, 7 vs 7. If you want to coordinate a match with another team, feel free. The draw will be random. So far, there's 2 teams signed up, Mounds View, MN and Waterville, Maine. Each team should bring one frisbee. The match times will probably be Friday morning and afternoon before the competitor's picnic, with some play on Thursday night possible, but unlikely. If your team is willing to play, please comment your school's name and state below. Thanks
Djoker
Are there seperate brackets for different divisions?

Also, I assume we (Strath Haven Middle School, Pennsylvania) can do it. Can you please post the times for the games early (by Tuesday) so that we can tell you if we will be there the time you schedule? I can tell you that we will be there from 11 to about 4:30 on Friday. We won't be able to make the one on Thursday.
University of Pennsylvania Class of 2020
Strath Haven High School Class of 2016

2016 States Results:
Invasive Species: 1st
Dynamic Planet: 1st
Disease Detectives: 5th
Anatomy: 6th

Team Place: 4th
starpug
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: ME

Post by starpug »

Do you think we could set a time and a place. I don't want to be at nationals and not know where to go.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
centerville ultimate
State: OH

Post by centerville ultimate »

Centerville High School should be in... Have to re-run it with the head coach, but count us in.
foreverphysics
State: AL

Post by foreverphysics »

I don't think I can scrape together 7 people on my team. Also, my coach most likely would not let 7 of us go. However, I'm going to be there at least some of the time, and if any of you have the gall to accept a 13 year old girl for about an hour, I'll play. If not, I'll just...stand around.
And if you guys are lucky, I may just bring my oddly athletic teammate around and you guys can have him play too.
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"
SoU
State: NJ

Post by SoU »

WWP South can most likely scrape together a team; however our ETA for florida is thursday night, so we can probably only play on friday xD :D :P
thedjoker95

Post by thedjoker95 »

Hi guys, here are the times/locations. The matches created were completely randomized. There's a large strip of grass called Memory Mall at UCF where we can play at. It's right next to the psychology building.

Strath Haven and WWP South, since you guys can't make it on Thursday, you guys get a bye first round. Waterville will play Centerville at 5pm on Thursday. Mounds View will play Olathe North at 6pm on Thursday. The losers will play each other for 5th and 6th place at 10am on Friday. The winner of Waterville vs Centerville will play Strath Haven in the semifinals 11am Friday. The winner of Mounds View vs Olathe North will play in the semifinals vs WWP South at 12pm. The 3rd/4th place match will take place at 1pm on Friday, and the championship will be at 2pm on Friday. As for the field size/endzones, teams playing can decide. if each team brought four cones to each match to mark out the endzones and a frisbee, that would be great. Good luck all!
starpug
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: ME

Post by starpug »

Rematch with Centreville? As tempting as it sounds, we don't get into UCF until 8:30PM on Thursday.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain

Return to “2012 Nationals”