Stories from Nationals

foreverphysics
Division: Grad
State: AL
Has thanked: 0

Stories from Nationals

Post by foreverphysics »

Going off of paleonaps' idea from last year. Stories of any sort, fail or funny or otherwise. I don't have any right now that don't either offend people or are actually funny/worth telling.
So...someone else start?
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"
tornado guy
Division: C
State: WA
Been thanked: 0

Re: Stories from Nationals

Post by tornado guy »

foreverphysics wrote:Going off of paleonaps' idea from last year. Stories of any sort, fail or funny or otherwise. I don't have any right now that don't either offend people or are actually funny/worth telling.
So...someone else start?
I was being followed/stalked by forever around all of swap meet and during competition day.
Proud ExCEL Homeschooler for five awesome years!
Nationals 2012: Meteorology 5th, R&M 19th, WQ 21st, DP 30th. Team 11th

Regionals 2013 C division: DP 3rd, WQ 5th.
Gearbox
State: PA

Post by Gearbox »

So the friday before the competition our team went to go find our events, so me and a couple of my friends went to find our events and we got lost :lol:
2015 Events

Protein Modeling
Cell Biology
Disease Detectives
Chem Lab

Ray Li
State: AR

Post by Ray Li »

We got the police called on us while we were at our hotel. :lol: :o :lol:
Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
chalker
State: OH

Post by chalker »

I'll give you all one: several of us event supervisors / tournament organizers got up at 4AM on Saturday (the day of the tournament) and drove 40 minutes out the Titusville to watch the SpaceX rocket launch scheduled for 4:55AM. We're standing at a park on the beach right across from Kennedy Space Center with a couple minutes to go and a motorcycle gang of about 50 Harley's pulls up to watch the launch too. The master computer aborted the launch with 0.5 seconds to go because one of the engines wasn't working right, so it was a big disappointment to all us while we drove 40 minutes back to UCF. The most interesting part then was when we arrived back at the hotel at 5:45 and were surprised to find tone of kids getting on their buses to start the day!

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair
foreverphysics

Post by foreverphysics »

tornado guy wrote:
foreverphysics wrote:Going off of paleonaps' idea from last year. Stories of any sort, fail or funny or otherwise. I don't have any right now that don't either offend people or are actually funny/worth telling.
So...someone else start?
I was being followed/stalked by forever around all of swap meet and during competition day.
I was not stalking you...and in my defense, you were the one who said you were going to stalk me first. It's not my fault if you failed. Also, I am happy that I will now be known as "forevercreeper" by your team. :D
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

tornado guy
State: WA

Post by tornado guy »

tornado guy wrote:
foreverphysics wrote: I was being followed/stalked by forever around all of swap meet and during competition day.
I was not stalking you...and in my defense, you were the one who said you were going to stalk me first. It's not my fault if you failed. Also, I am happy that I will now be known as "forevercreeper" by your team. :D
Yes, Fossil came up with that name after you had a long convo with him while I was in Meteorology.
gearbox wrote:So the friday before the competition our team went to go find our events, so me and a couple of my friends went to find our events and we got lost
Oh my gosh!! UCF was so hard to get around :o We got completely lost before WQ (We didn't have time day before) and it took us a good half hour to finally find the room.
Proud ExCEL Homeschooler for five awesome years!
Nationals 2012: Meteorology 5th, R&M 19th, WQ 21st, DP 30th. Team 11th

Regionals 2013 C division: DP 3rd, WQ 5th.
foreverphysics

Post by foreverphysics »

tornado guy wrote:
gearbox wrote:So the friday before the competition our team went to go find our events, so me and a couple of my friends went to find our events and we got lost
Oh my gosh!! UCF was so hard to get around :o We got completely lost before WQ (We didn't have time day before) and it took us a good half hour to finally find the room.
It was easier to get around UCF than either U of W or UIUC. We were lost for TWO HOURS the year we went to UIUC. Just sayin'.

awesome90220
Division: B

Post by awesome90220 »

My friend hacked an elevator at our HR building and that Saturday if you went to the 4th floor and wanted to come down it always stopped on the 3rd floor
2016 Season: BISOT/Reg/State/Nats
Wind Power:9/1/1/11
Experimental Design:5/1/1/16
It's About Time:-/1/1/20

Return to “2012 Nationals”