Infinity Flat
Division: Grad
State: WA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Keep the Heat B/Thermodynamics C

Post by Infinity Flat »

space scientist wrote:
siciscio wrote:Any thoughts on how next years rules would be different from this years?
Personally, I hope that the rules for next year will define exactly what the topics for the test will be (in a similar manner to how it is done in the Optics rules), but that might take up too much space. I'm not too concerned about the issue with temperature loss due to the heat capacity of the beakers since you can approximate that to about 10 degrees Celsius (at least for Division B), but it would be nice to to get a more exact temperature to use for calculating the final beaker temperature. Other than that, there isn't really anything in the rules that I think needs to be changed.
I personally would like a completely different lab/practical portion than the one this year, but that's just me, and I don't think that's at all likely to happen.
(State, Nationals)
2013: Astro (2, 6) / Chem (2, 5) / Circuits (8, 36) / Diseases (1,1) / Fermi (N/A, 24) / Materials (1, N/A)
2012 : Astro (1, 11) / Chem (N/A, 13) / Diseases (3, 1) / Optics (2, 3) / Sounds (2, 1)
2011: Astro(2,11) / Diseases (1,27) / Optics (1,13) / Proteins (2,15)
cyanophycean314
Division: C
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Keep the Heat B/Thermodynamics C

Post by cyanophycean314 »

Specifying more about the tests like in Optics would be pretty nice. Tests at different competitions were varying in difficulty and topics.
Carmel High School! :D About Me

(Whiting Inv., Northridge Inv., Regional, State) for 2013
Circuit Lab (3rd, 1st, 1st, 1ST!!)
Thermo (2nd, 4th, 2nd, 4th)
Dynamic (6th, 3rd, --, --)

Return to “2012 Lab Events”