Write It Do It B/C

scm424
Division: C
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Write It Do It B/C

Post by scm424 »

Is there anyone who participated in WIDI at Illinois state last year? If so, do you remember what types of materials were used? Thanks!
Orchdork
Division: Grad

Post by Orchdork »

scm424 wrote:Is there anyone who participated in WIDI at Illinois state last year? If so, do you remember what types of materials were used? Thanks!
Last year we had to make a collage of cups, plates, thumb tacks, folding sticky notes, and spoons/forks. But the year before that they had to make a prism out of clay.
Events (that I'm coaching)
Water Quality
Orchdork

Post by Orchdork »

mnstrviola wrote:Haha, at regionals I spent 15 minutes writing, about 3 minutes checking over my work, 4 minutes undoing the structure and rebuilding it based on my instructions then the rest of the time playing with the legos :lol:
Thats funny :lol:
Water Quality
scm424

Post by scm424 »

Orchdork wrote:
scm424 wrote:Is there anyone who participated in WIDI at Illinois state last year? If so, do you remember what types of materials were used? Thanks!
Last year we had to make a collage of cups, plates, thumb tacks, folding sticky notes, and spoons/forks. But the year before that they had to make a prism out of clay.
Wow, clay? So the doer was just given a lump of clay and had to sculpt the prism?
Orchdork

Post by Orchdork »

scm424 wrote:
Orchdork wrote:
Wow, clay? So the doer was just given a lump of clay and had to sculpt the prism?
I think so. I didn't do WIDI that year but a friend of mine did. So I think that is how it went, the writer sees a prism and has to describe it and how to make it, then the builder is given the instructions and a block of clay. Basically, they can give us anything and we have to work with it ;)
Water Quality
knittingfrenzy18
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: B
State: MD

Post by knittingfrenzy18 »

Orchdork wrote:
mnstrviola wrote:Haha, at regionals I spent 15 minutes writing, about 3 minutes checking over my work, 4 minutes undoing the structure and rebuilding it based on my instructions then the rest of the time playing with the legos :lol:
Wait you can't touch it or take it apart, can you?
Pilgrimage Homeschool Division B, Maryland
Visited 2012 and 2014 National Tournaments, 5th place Sounds of Music 2014
http://knittingfrenzy18.wordpress.com
Slarik
State: MD

Post by Slarik »

knittingfrenzy18 wrote:
Orchdork wrote:
Supposedly, but the judges sometimes tell you that you can (or, like at invitationals, there is absolutely no way you can tell how it was built unless you pick it up and examine part of it)
Exothermic reactions? I studied them before they were cool.
Orchdork

Post by Orchdork »

knittingfrenzy18 wrote:
Orchdork wrote:
Last year at state we were allowed to pick it up but this year at Regionals we weren't. It's up to the people who are hosting it.
Water Quality
earthbot25
State: PA

Post by earthbot25 »

can anyone tell me if they recall what nationals C div. write it do its have been in recent years?
Harriton Class of 2014

Past Events: C: Materials Science, Chemistry Lab, TPS, Experimental Design, Mission Possible, Microbe Mission, WIDI, Helicopters. B: Bio-Process Lab, Towers, Microbe Mission, Robocross, Physical Science Lab
playdoh
Division: B
State: TX

Post by playdoh »

What materials do you think they will give at nationals?
Do you think there will be like aobut 40 materials at nationals?
What else is there to practice for nationals...materials wise?
Any tips?

Return to “2012 Lab Events”