Keep the Heat B/Thermodynamics C

Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Posts: 507
Joined: March 21st, 2011, 1:31 pm
Division: Grad
State: MN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Keep the Heat B/Thermodynamics C

Post by Luo » April 28th, 2013, 8:22 am

Cheesy Pie wrote:
Robertchan99 wrote:Any idea who is running Keep the Heat at Nationals?
Might be the guy from IL States. He also ran our Regionals, and I think he said that he ran Nats.
Last year Keep the Heat was run at nationals by Jim Grant of Thomas Middle School in Arlington Heights, IL.
Proud alumnus of Mounds View High School Science Olympiad, Arden Hills, MN
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/

mrburrito
Member
Member
Posts: 122
Joined: March 4th, 2013, 4:13 pm
Division: B
State: TN
Location: Does anyone actually use this the right way?
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Keep the Heat B/Thermodynamics C

Post by mrburrito » April 28th, 2013, 2:37 pm

Luo wrote:
Cheesy Pie wrote:
Robertchan99 wrote:Any idea who is running Keep the Heat at Nationals?
Might be the guy from IL States. He also ran our Regionals, and I think he said that he ran Nats.
Last year Keep the Heat was run at nationals by Jim Grant of Thomas Middle School in Arlington Heights, IL.

You're not supposed to talk too much with event supervisors, right?
I bet you had to read this twice

Meliores Sumus Te

Visit my Wiki page: http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Mrburrito

User avatar
mingtian
Member
Member
Posts: 160
Joined: March 1st, 2011, 5:16 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Keep the Heat B/Thermodynamics C

Post by mingtian » April 29th, 2013, 6:48 pm

I remember hearing somewhere that this wouldn't be an event next year. Is this true?

User avatar
ScienceOlympian
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 189
Joined: January 1st, 2013, 2:43 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Location: Northern California
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Keep the Heat B/Thermodynamics C

Post by ScienceOlympian » April 29th, 2013, 6:50 pm

mingtian wrote:I remember hearing somewhere that this wouldn't be an event next year. Is this true?
Physics events rotate for two years. Keep the Heat is in its second year. I may be wrong...
2017: Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry Lab, Materials Science, Experimental Design, Hydrogeology
ScienceOlympian's Userpage

User avatar
Beastybob12345
Member
Member
Posts: 88
Joined: December 26th, 2012, 1:45 pm
Division: B
State: CA
Location: 38.6857°N 121.0822°W...
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Keep the Heat B/Thermodynamics C

Post by Beastybob12345 » April 29th, 2013, 6:52 pm

ScienceOlympian wrote:
mingtian wrote:I remember hearing somewhere that this wouldn't be an event next year. Is this true?
Physics events rotate for two years. Keep the Heat is in its second year. I may be wrong...
@ScienceOlympian I've heard from you that a bunch of events are rotating, for example: Food and Mousetrap, now Keep the Heat?!
[img]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcJRzoptYVlOdlPSHbLzFc37EVfbeQWvdCIdwEGVnkZvhxLbKBqA[/img]
Me----> Image

NorCal Science Olympiad is AWESOME!!!

Image

User avatar
ScienceOlympian
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 189
Joined: January 1st, 2013, 2:43 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Location: Northern California
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Keep the Heat B/Thermodynamics C

Post by ScienceOlympian » April 29th, 2013, 6:54 pm

Beastybob12345 wrote:
ScienceOlympian wrote:
mingtian wrote:I remember hearing somewhere that this wouldn't be an event next year. Is this true?
Physics events rotate for two years. Keep the Heat is in its second year. I may be wrong...
@ScienceOlympian I've heard from you that a bunch of events are rotating, for example: Food and Mousetrap, now Keep the Heat?!
Food Mousetrap Keep the Heat Mission Possible and Forestry are rotating out. Check the post in General Chat called Science Olympiad 2013-2014. It has a unofficial list. It is not official.
2017: Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry Lab, Materials Science, Experimental Design, Hydrogeology
ScienceOlympian's Userpage

sjwon3789
Member
Member
Posts: 107
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 3:45 pm
Division: C
State: VA
Location: Virginia
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Keep the Heat B/Thermodynamics C

Post by sjwon3789 » April 29th, 2013, 7:02 pm

No Keep the Heat/Thermodynamics next year :P
http://scioly.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4433

Does this mean it's returning in 2 years?
I asked in that post but they said it could cycle any time...may not work the same way for physics events (if what you said is true).
2013 Events: Boomilever, Keep the Heat, WIDI
2014 Events: Boomilever, Geologic Mapping, Mission Possible, Scrambler
2015 Events: Air Trajectory, Bridge Building, Mission Possible

User avatar
ScienceOlympian
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 189
Joined: January 1st, 2013, 2:43 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Location: Northern California
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Keep the Heat B/Thermodynamics C

Post by ScienceOlympian » April 29th, 2013, 7:06 pm

sjwon3789 wrote:No Keep the Heat/Thermodynamics next year :P
http://scioly.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4433

Does this mean it's returning in 2 years?
I asked in that post but they said it could cycle any time...may not work the same way for physics events (if what you said is true).
Yep. Keep the Heat might come four or five years later...since Shock Value is rotating out for 2014-2015 season, so there is a lot of physics events they might put. Optics Physical Science Lab Crave the Wave, ...
2017: Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry Lab, Materials Science, Experimental Design, Hydrogeology
ScienceOlympian's Userpage

sjwon3789
Member
Member
Posts: 107
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 3:45 pm
Division: C
State: VA
Location: Virginia
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Keep the Heat B/Thermodynamics C

Post by sjwon3789 » April 29th, 2013, 7:13 pm

ScienceOlympian wrote:
sjwon3789 wrote:No Keep the Heat/Thermodynamics next year :P
http://scioly.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4433

Does this mean it's returning in 2 years?
I asked in that post but they said it could cycle any time...may not work the same way for physics events (if what you said is true).
Yep. Keep the Heat might come four or five years later...since Shock Value is rotating out for 2014-2015 season, so there is a lot of physics events they might put. Optics Physical Science Lab Crave the Wave, ...
Is Shock Value rotating out with Circuit Lab?
2013 Events: Boomilever, Keep the Heat, WIDI
2014 Events: Boomilever, Geologic Mapping, Mission Possible, Scrambler
2015 Events: Air Trajectory, Bridge Building, Mission Possible

User avatar
ScienceOlympian
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 189
Joined: January 1st, 2013, 2:43 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Location: Northern California
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Keep the Heat B/Thermodynamics C

Post by ScienceOlympian » April 29th, 2013, 7:47 pm

For the 2014-2015 year NOT next season(2013-2014).
2017: Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry Lab, Materials Science, Experimental Design, Hydrogeology
ScienceOlympian's Userpage

Locked

Return to “2013 Lab Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests