Technical Problem Solving C

BoldlyGoingNowhere
Division: C
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Technical Problem Solving C

Post by BoldlyGoingNowhere »

I have one week to prepare before invitationals. I have never done this event before. What are the most important things to know?
They can take away everything you have, but they can't take your ability to fight.
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

In the past this would have been an impossible question, but luckily for you TPS has some semblance of a topic this year.

Harmonics
Enzyme Action

That's the minimum there. Good luck.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
Paleomaniac
State: CA

Post by Paleomaniac »

BoldlyGoingNowhere wrote:I have one week to prepare before invitationals. I have never done this event before. What are the most important things to know?
How exciting, we're in the exact same boat. Got put on the event today and have invites in a little more than a week away.
2015 events: Experimental Design, Fossils, Technical Problem Solving
Event Experience: Ornithology, Fossils, Experimental Design, Anatomy, Storm the Castle, Remote Sensing, Thermodynamics, Rocks and Minerals, Technical Problem Solving, Forensics, Anatomy and Physiology
sciolyperson

Post by sciolyperson »

Paleomaniac wrote:
BoldlyGoingNowhere wrote:I have one week to prepare before invitationals. I have never done this event before. What are the most important things to know?
How exciting, we're in the exact same boat. Got put on the event today and have invites in a little more than a week away.
I am also going to one next week as well. :mrgreen: Do any of you live in Southern California?
EDIT: I have one more thing to add. Is any one else having problems with the sites on the wiki?
The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything is 42.

The ultimate question itself is unknown. Can anyone actually read this?
Paleomaniac

Post by Paleomaniac »

sciolyperson wrote:
Paleomaniac wrote:
I am also going to one next week as well. :mrgreen: Do any of you live in Southern California?
EDIT: I have one more thing to add. Is any one else having problems with the sites on the wiki?
No from NorCal but going to the invite in SoCal!!! Also no problems with the wiki...
also if anyone has gone through this event in a tournament this year (invitational or regional), how well do the event proctors stick to the topics given in the event rules?
Event Experience: Ornithology, Fossils, Experimental Design, Anatomy, Storm the Castle, Remote Sensing, Thermodynamics, Rocks and Minerals, Technical Problem Solving, Forensics, Anatomy and Physiology
ellad1234
State: MD

Post by ellad1234 »

This is my first time going on this kind of competition so im a bit confused.
they http://soinc.org/tech_prob_c give the resources of sound waves and enzymatic reactions.
Does that mean the competition this year is going to be about those for TPS?
hmcginny

Post by hmcginny »

Read your rules, they explain everything ;)
Harriton 2013 (Captain 2012-2013)
Penn 2017

2014 PA State Compound Machines Supervisor

Past Events: Fermi, Thermo, WIDI, Maglev, TPS, Chem Lab, Mission, Sounds, Trajectory, Mousetrap, etc.
Paleomaniac

Post by Paleomaniac »

So when the rules refer to harmonic motion, do they mean both mechanical and sound waves or just sound waves because Simple Harmonic Motion applies to both...
hmcginny

Post by hmcginny »

Tests that I've seen so far have only involved sound waves. I could see how simple harmonic motion would fit under the word "harmonics" but then adding in the details about string, open-air columns etc and the microphone seems to limit it to only involving sound waves.
Harriton 2013 (Captain 2012-2013)
Penn 2017

2014 PA State Compound Machines Supervisor

Past Events: Fermi, Thermo, WIDI, Maglev, TPS, Chem Lab, Mission, Sounds, Trajectory, Mousetrap, etc.
sciolyperson

Post by sciolyperson »

I figured out the problem I had with the wiki. The computer I was using at the time had a problem with pdf files. It took me a while to figure out. :lol:
The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything is 42.

The ultimate question itself is unknown. Can anyone actually read this?

Return to “2013 Lab Events”