Crime Busters B

swimmerfiish
Division: B
State: NC
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Crime Busters B

Post by swimmerfiish »

Reacting with the amino acids and stuff makes sense. Yeah, I found a lot of info about dactyloscopy and the whole reacting idea sounds right. Thanks!
swimmerfiish
Division: B
State: NC

Crime Busters B essay

Post by swimmerfiish »

I was reading one of the posts that said there might not be a culprit in the listed suspects that they give you. Have any of you ever had a test like that? Also, we took the NC state test and I thought there were two culprits. Did anyone else take that test and think the same thing?
bam
Division: C
State: PA

Re: Crime Busters B essay

Post by bam »

swimmerfiish wrote:I was reading one of the posts that said there might not be a culprit in the listed suspects that they give you. Have any of you ever had a test like that? Also, we took the NC state test and I thought there were two culprits. Did anyone else take that test and think the same thing?
I haven't ever heard of no culprit, but I know that they could ask you a question such as "Who was in the kitchen when blah blah blah happened" and the answer could be nobody. I feel like it would be tough to have no culprit, but I do know that there can definitely be two culprits. At the Solon Invitational a couple of years ago, we won CB, and I think that was mainly due to the fact that we put down two culprits in our analysis. However, usually I would just go with one, since it saves more time and if you have enough supporting evidence, it doesn't really make a huge difference.
Strath Haven High School Science Olympiad Captain 2015 - 2016

Total SO medal count 2009 - 2016: 34
caseyotis
Division: C
State: NY

Re: Crime Busters B

Post by caseyotis »

Our test was so weird... I didn't understand it at all. I didn't even know what the crime was. :lol:
http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Caseyotis
Welcome, welcome
“Goodbye,” said the fox.
“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret:
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the
eye.”
Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Return to “2013 Lab Events”