Mousetrap Vehicle B

_HenryHscioly_
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mousetrap Vehicle B

Post by _HenryHscioly_ »

I don't know which mousetraps would work best but I bought 4 packs of Victor's metal pedal snap trap and tested them.
At the edge of the hammer, about 4.45cm, lifted about 1/8" up, my kitchen scaled showed mostly from 300-400grams, one was 270, and another 500g.
and pulled all the way back, average of about 1200grams.
retired1
Division: Grad
State: FL

Post by retired1 »

I used a digital fish scale and had results from 1lb to 1lb 6 oz out of the same pack.
I do not like the metal trip. The plastic ones are easier (safer) to use (by me).
I checked several vector, tomcat and d-con. results were similar in range, so check what you buy.
NOTE--The more you use, exercise or play with the trap, the weaker it gets. Use poor ones first and save good ones for contests is my thought.
Beastybob12345
Division: B

Post by Beastybob12345 »

retired1 wrote:I used a digital fish scale and had results from 1lb to 1lb 6 oz out of the same pack.
I do not like the metal trip. The plastic ones are easier (safer) to use (by me).
I checked several vector, tomcat and d-con. results were similar in range, so check what you buy.
NOTE--The more you use, exercise or play with the trap, the weaker it gets. Use poor ones first and save good ones for contests is my thought.
That's a good idea. ;)
[img]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcJRzoptYVlOdlPSHbLzFc37EVfbeQWvdCIdwEGVnkZvhxLbKBqA[/img]
Me----> Image

NorCal Science Olympiad is AWESOME!!!

ckssv07
Division: C
State: PA

Post by ckssv07 »

What would you guys deem as a good score.
mousetrapfury
State: NC

Post by mousetrapfury »

me and my partner have been having problems with our sighting device and we were just wondering if you could help us
:)
bearasauras

Post by bearasauras »

What problem are you having?
Beastybob12345

Post by Beastybob12345 »

Are Tomcat brand mousetraps the ones with the yellow cheese that you activate from the side? I though you can only activate it vertically?
[img]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcJRzoptYVlOdlPSHbLzFc37EVfbeQWvdCIdwEGVnkZvhxLbKBqA[/img]
Me----> Image

NorCal Science Olympiad is AWESOME!!!

Daniel1224
State: IN

Post by Daniel1224 »

Has anyone been to competition yet? I went to invitationals a few weeks ago, and the target point was centered on the track. Will it always be in the center, or can it be placed further left or right at competition?
bibblybo
State: NC

Post by bibblybo »

Daniel1224 wrote:Has anyone been to competition yet? I went to invitationals a few weeks ago, and the target point was centered on the track. Will it always be in the center, or can it be placed further left or right at competit
It is always centered. The people who did the event for us last year had a problem with that at regional competition, but when they went to the state competition, they had it figured out.
sjg8700
State: PA

Post by sjg8700 »

This years car requires activating a trigger to start. Isn't that the plastic bait plate? Or is it something not already part of the trap?

Return to “2013 Build Events”