Anatomy B/C

Jim_R
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0

Anatomy B/C

Post by Jim_R »

-The path of the Administrator is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

-Nothing\'s gonna get deleted. We\'re gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what\'s Fonzie like? Come on, what\'s Fonzie like?
-Cool?
-Correctamundo. And that\'s what we\'re gonna be. We\'re gonna be cool. Now, I\'m gonna count to three, and when I count three, you let go of your mouse, and back away from the keyboard. But when you do it, you do it cool. Ready? One... two... three.
Mr Sarcastic
Division: C
State: TN
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by Mr Sarcastic »

Looks like it's going to be a fun year with neurology as one of the topics! :D
Events: Meteorology, Forestry, Keep the Heat, Shock Value, Mission Possible, Heredity, Anatomy, Metric Mastery

2013 Medals/Ribbons:
Anatomy- 2nd
Forestry- 2nd
Heredity- 6th, 1st
Meteorology- 3rd, 1st
Metrics- 4th
Keep the Heat- 7th, 1st
Shock- 7th

"We're back, Jack!"
fanjiatian

Post by fanjiatian »

Does anyone have recommendations for textbooks or other resources?

I've heard that Gray's Anatomy is great.
mnstrviola
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
State: CA

Post by mnstrviola »

Mr Sarcastic wrote:Looks like it's going to be a fun year with neurology as one of the topics! :D
Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not :lol:

Also, for textbooks, I recommend basically outdated college or advanced high school books. They usually sell for $3.00 on Amazon/Ebay including the shipping, and they're all pretty much the same.
chia
State: IL

Post by chia »

fanjiatian wrote:I've heard that Gray's Anatomy is great.
Read through the entire respiratory section and most of the digestive last year, and lemme tell you, it is DENSE. A good deal of it isn't terribly useful for our purposes, but you will probably pick up a bunch of those little facts which tend to make a difference when it comes to competition. So that you don't have to go through the agony of reading it in tiny print, the whole thing is online, original diagrams and all, which also makes it easier to search for something in particular you want to know about if you decide it's not worth actually reading through it. And of course, since it is Gray's Anatomy, you'll still need to go elsewhere for the physiology part, since it barely goes into the actual functions of most organs/systems.
mnstrviola wrote:
Mr Sarcastic wrote:Looks like it's going to be a fun year with neurology as one of the topics! :D
Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not :lol:
Pretty sure it's not, my friend is similarly excited about this year.
(avatar is by xamag)
Favorite events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Ornithology, Circuit Lab, Helicopter
NCHS '13
==>
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Kokonilly »

I'm so jealous of you guys... the nervous system is the best. Wish I could be competing in that topic.

I started a project early this summer developing a cheat sheet for every system, and I haven't made any headway since June, so I'll see if I can take it up again, just for kicks. I'll post them here if I ever finish any of them! :D
mnstrviola

Post by mnstrviola »

Kokonilly wrote:
I'm so jealous of you guys... the nervous system is the best. Wish I could be competing in that topic.

I started a project early this summer developing a cheat sheet for every system, and I haven't made any headway since June, so I'll see if I can take it up again, just for kicks. I'll post them here if I ever finish any of them! :D
That sounds interesting, are they all one side each because of the 2 body systems a year?

The only problem this may bring up is that people can just copy, paste and print the cheat sheets, which goes against the whole learning process of searching for information to put on the cheat sheet.
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Kokonilly »

mnstrviola wrote:
Kokonilly wrote:

That sounds interesting, are they all one side each because of the 2 body systems a year?

The only problem this may bring up is that people can just copy, paste and print the cheat sheets, which goes against the whole learning process of searching for information to put on the cheat sheet.
Well, for div C it's 3 body systems/year. And I hope no one will be that unethical, though thanks for bringing it to my attention. :?
foreverphysics
State: AL

Post by foreverphysics »

Rather than make cheat sheets for it, what if you put in some useful notes or information that we should probably know? It could be over a page then, and we'd still have to sift through all the information.
And the nervous system isn't that bad...I spent half the summer going through my three Anat textbooks for this. I can say that it's better than digestive. (Which I have to do this year anyways, but oh well.)
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"
49ers
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by 49ers »

I like the addition of the Nervous system this year, especially since I will be able to test on it through all the rest of my high school time. :D Does anybody have the rules yet for A&P? If so, what topics are covered in the Nervous system this year?
East Stroudsburg South and J.T.L Cavs Alumnus
49ersfan
Metsfan
You are now free to lose the game.
ESU Warrior '21
Need a rugger? Look no further.
Disk is lif.
Physics; Earth and Space Science major; Math minor.
Get me out of this place *gestures wildly at USA*

Return to “2013 Study Events”