Skink
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: IL
Has thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by Skink »

Of course, that's the kicker--being imtimately familiar with everything on your sheet. If you are, ideally, you would nuke the margins, make columns, use abbreviations and creatively text wrapped images, and squeeze in as much information as is physically possible. The thing is many folks out there don't do it responsibly (by slapping blocks of text together or whatnot), and not everyone reading this is going to be at the very top of the curve like some of you, remember.
ewolf1230
Division: B
State: MD
Been thanked: 0

Post by ewolf1230 »

:? i think it should help with most things. try quizlet.com space race is fun
asquaredplusb
State: TX

Post by asquaredplusb »

How is everyone's experience with the Anatomy Coloring Book?

I have found it useful in getting an idea of all the locations of various parts, as well as the information along with it.
Skink
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Skink »

I would suggest anyone serious about anatomy work to consider investing in one. That said, I'd also make sure to copy the pages before coloring them to keep the original book nice and stuff.
Labyrinth
State: NY

Post by Labyrinth »

Cool .. Which anatomy coloring book would one suggest for Division B systems?
letsallbefriends
State: NC

Post by letsallbefriends »

slytherin wrote:Hi, this my first year in science olympiad. Do you have any tips or good websites? I've been having trouble finding the diseases on each level from the cell to the whole person... I would very much appreciate help!!! :|
hey! for diseases, you've probably heard "look it up!" like a gazillion times, but what i usually do is GET A BOOK ON LIKE NERVOUS SYSTEM DISEASES AND DIGESTIVE SYSTEM DISEASES! books explain a lot better and have the information you need - they are a lot less confusing too! hope that helped.
letsallbefriends
State: NC

Post by letsallbefriends »

hi everybody! has anyone competed with the nervous system before? to what extent do you think we should study? are only basic descriptions of the diseases required, or must we know the details like specific drugs used to treat the disease? thanks! gosh the nervous system is soooo vast and we have such little time to get it all in..:)
asquaredplusb
State: TX

Post by asquaredplusb »

letsallbefriends wrote:hi everybody! has anyone competed with the nervous system before? to what extent do you think we should study? are only basic descriptions of the diseases required, or must we know the details like specific drugs used to treat the disease? thanks! gosh the nervous system is soooo vast and we have such little time to get it all in..:)
In terms of the amount you need to know about diseases, just knowing symptoms, causes, and basic treatments should be fine - this competition does not focus exclusively on diseases.
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: CA

Post by Kokonilly »

So! I'm writing a division C Anatomy test for the Stanislaus regional tournament in northern California for this Saturday all by my lonesome. I... haven't started yet. Suggestions, comments, concerns, whatever you hate on tests, PM me. I did Anatomy in high school, so I roughly know what to do, but I'm still open to suggestions.

Cheers! (also don't be like me; I am a bad example - I should have started this earlier)
ddwiyanti

Post by ddwiyanti »

We do not need to know about the excretory system right.??

Return to “2013 Study Events”