Forestry B/C

crazyfloboe
Division: C
State: TX
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Forestry B/C

Post by crazyfloboe »

caseyotis wrote:Does anyone have any information about the Texas Forestry test? I know the state list there is a lot different from ours, but I'm interested nonetheless.
Yep! Took it yesterday and got 2nd
It was all live specimens (little wilted) in a 20 station test with 2 minutes to each station. You had to identify the tree by Genus and Species and then answer a question about it. Station 7 had an extra question used as a tiebreaker.
In the end, as we fade into the night~
O.O -.- Its too early
SANDSHREW!
^^^ Favorite pokemon <3
caseyotis
State: NY

Post by caseyotis »

crazyfloboe wrote:
caseyotis wrote:Does anyone have any information about the Texas Forestry test? I know the state list there is a lot different from ours, but I'm interested nonetheless.
It was all live specimens (little wilted) in a 20 station test with 2 minutes to each station. You had to identify the tree by Genus and Species and then answer a question about it. Station 7 had an extra question used as a tiebreaker.
Wow. That sounds nice. Our test had about seven questions and two specimens per station. I wish ours was more like yours. Oh well. Congratulations on placing second!
http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Caseyotis
Welcome, welcome
“Goodbye,” said the fox.
“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret:
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the
eye.”
Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
crazyfloboe

Post by crazyfloboe »

caseyotis wrote:
crazyfloboe wrote:
Wow. That sounds nice. Our test had about seven questions and two specimens per station. I wish ours was more like yours. Oh well. Congratulations on placing second!
It was a good test other than the fact I don't prefer live specimens (I'd like dried personally) but thanks! Will you be at nats?
O.O -.- Its too early
SANDSHREW!
^^^ Favorite pokemon <3
silverheart7
Division: Grad

Post by silverheart7 »

I'll be at Nationals, so it would be really cool to see all of you forestry kids! I'm from Paul J. Gelinas, and I'm Chinese with straight waist length hair. If you see me, come say hi!

Unless Casey is making a trip for himself, I don't believe he's going. He's super sweet and funny, though.
Past: Forestry, Disease, Meteorology, Towers, Sounds, Triple E, Boomilever, Entomology, WQ, WIDI, Bridges

Total Medals: 14
State Medals: Sounds of Music (2nd, 2013), Forestry (3rd, 2013), and Triple E (4th, 2013)

Gelinas and Ward Melville Alum, ELI Volunteer
hotchocolate123
Division: B

Post by hotchocolate123 »

That'd be really cool! I'll be at nationals too- I'm from Beckendorff and I'm the Asian girl with medium hair....(obviously strait ;) )
2014 Nationals:
Heredity (5th) Water Quality (7th)
2013 Nationals:
Forestry (4) Heredity (9) Rocks & Minerals (5)
2012 Nationals:
Forestry (3) Rocks & minerals (7) Aquifers (13)
Barker

Post by Barker »

I got 3rd at Texas with LASA, and got 6th nationally last year. Because of Texas events, we will not be advancing to nationals. pigeon.
TREES!
caseyotis

Post by caseyotis »

silverheart7 wrote: Unless Casey is making a trip for himself, I don't believe he's going. He's super sweet and funny, though.
<3 I wish. I'll be in Washington D.C. doing a history thing, though. >.> I'd love to go.

I loved watching you and Dylan flip out over some of the stations... And when we'd catch each other's eye and give each other that look of desperation! Guh, our test was horrible. I'm still kind of frustrated.
http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Caseyotis
Welcome, welcome
“Goodbye,” said the fox.
“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret:
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the
eye.”
Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
silverheart7

Post by silverheart7 »

caseyotis wrote:I loved watching you and Dylan flip out over some of the stations... And when we'd catch each other's eye and give each other that look of desperation! Guh, our test was horrible. I'm still kind of frustrated.
Nice :roll: Yes, I'm definetely not very calm while taking a forestry test... Especially not when it's such a horribly written exam that we didn't finish one station correctly!

I miss you, Casey <3 Hanging out with you was so much fun!.
Past: Forestry, Disease, Meteorology, Towers, Sounds, Triple E, Boomilever, Entomology, WQ, WIDI, Bridges

Total Medals: 14
State Medals: Sounds of Music (2nd, 2013), Forestry (3rd, 2013), and Triple E (4th, 2013)

Gelinas and Ward Melville Alum, ELI Volunteer
crazyfloboe

Post by crazyfloboe »

silverheart7 wrote:I'll be at Nationals, so it would be really cool to see all of you forestry kids! I'm from Paul J. Gelinas, and I'm Chinese with straight waist length hair. If you see me, come say hi!

Unless Casey is making a trip for himself, I don't believe he's going. He's super sweet and funny, though.
Awesome! I'm from Riverwood and I'm with with chest length dirty blonde hair :) I'll make sure to try and find you!
O.O -.- Its too early
SANDSHREW!
^^^ Favorite pokemon <3
Barker

Post by Barker »

crazyfloboe wrote:
What did you get for that compund leaf (might have been station twenty). If I recall correctly there with 7 leaflets, toothed, but each of the leaflets was about 7" long?
TREES!

Return to “2013 Study Events”