Meteorology B

Vader_
Division: B
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meteorology B

Post by Vader_ »

mrburrito wrote:What team, at this point in the year, do you guys think is the strongest in meteorology? I really can't tell right now.
The top 5 teams at Wright State were

Solon B
Daniel Wright
Friendship Christan
Shady Side
Meads Mill

These 5 are probably the best.
Hi.
tornado guy
Division: C
State: WA

Post by tornado guy »

Vader_ wrote:
mrburrito wrote:What team, at this point in the year, do you guys think is the strongest in meteorology? I really can't tell right now.

Solon B
Daniel Wright
Friendship Christan
Shady Side
Meads Mill

Strath Haven is really good. I had to go up against them at nationals last year when they got 6th. I would pick them to medal.
Proud ExCEL Homeschooler for five awesome years!
Nationals 2012: Meteorology 5th, R&M 19th, WQ 21st, DP 30th. Team 11th

Regionals 2013 C division: DP 3rd, WQ 5th.
havenguy
Division: Grad
State: PA

Post by havenguy »

tornado guy wrote: Strath Haven is really good. I had to go up against them at nationals last year when they got 6th. I would pick them to medal.
Yeah, unfortunately my very talented Meteorology partner (he was the one who got 6th last year) has a conflict with Reach for the Stars, so I'm being sent in with a replacement who picked up the event about a month ago.

However, we did get 2nd at States. We beat Shady Side, who are very good at that event (shout out to Shady Side :) )

I took the Meteorology test from 2010, and it seemed very short and very easy. Last year, I heard that the Meteorology test was very long and hard, so I wonder if it'll be the same test writer from 2010 or the one from last year :?
University of Pennsylvania Class of 2020
Strath Haven High School Class of 2016

2016 States Results:
Invasive Species: 1st
Dynamic Planet: 1st
Disease Detectives: 5th
Anatomy: 6th

Team Place: 4th
mrburrito
State: TN

Post by mrburrito »

Vader_ wrote:

Solon B
Daniel Wright
Friendship Christan
Shady Side
Meads Mill

My team beat Friendship Christian in that event twice, and they won't be going to Nationals. I don't know how well we'll do though.....
I bet you had to read this twice

Meliores Sumus Te

Visit my Wiki page: http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Mrburrito
Wanttoget1st
State: IL

Post by Wanttoget1st »

Does anyone know what they mean by thermodynamic charts?? It says that on the rules, and my partner and I have no idea what that means...
mrburrito
State: TN

Post by mrburrito »

Wanttoget1st wrote:Does anyone know what they mean by thermodynamic charts?? It says that on the rules, and my partner and I have no idea what that means...
It could mean temperature conversions, or boiling/melting points of substances.
I bet you had to read this twice

Meliores Sumus Te

Visit my Wiki page: http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Mrburrito
cookiecandy123
State: CA

Post by cookiecandy123 »

I think the Tephigram and Skew-T are thermodynamic charts. I'm sorry if I'm wrong. :)
For the Tephigram, does anyone know any good sites that I could learn it from?
MeteorologyMan

Post by MeteorologyMan »

ReBobville and I did meteorology in B division, and it was one of our favorite events. We decided to write a test this year. I just uploaded it to the test exchange.

I tried to put a variety of questions on the test, and I am pretty sure that everything is correct. Let me know what you think of the test and if you think something might be wrong!

I hope you enjoy the test!
Strath Haven Science Olympiad 2010-2014
States 2014: Astronomy 5th, Geologic Mapping 2nd, Circuit Lab 5th, Team 4th.
zy__karen17
State: NY

Post by zy__karen17 »

havenguy wrote:
tornado guy wrote: Strath Haven is really good. I had to go up against them at nationals last year when they got 6th. I would pick them to medal.
Yeah, unfortunately my very talented Meteorology partner (he was the one who got 6th last year) has a conflict with Reach for the Stars, so I'm being sent in with a replacement who picked up the event about a month ago.

However, we did get 2nd at States. We beat Shady Side, who are very good at that event (shout out to Shady Side :) )

I took the Meteorology test from 2010, and it seemed very short and very easy. Last year, I heard that the Meteorology test was very long and hard, so I wonder if it'll be the same test writer from 2010 or the one from last year :?
Where did you find the 2010 NATS test? I would also like to look at it. If you could link me, that would be wonderful!
havenguy

Post by havenguy »

zy__karen17 wrote:
havenguy wrote:

Where did you find the 2010 NATS test? I would also like to look at it. If you could link me, that would be wonderful!
I'm not sure how my coach got it, but I assume the it was from the 2011 Test Packet. You won't find it online, sorry. :(
University of Pennsylvania Class of 2020
Strath Haven High School Class of 2016

2016 States Results:
Invasive Species: 1st
Dynamic Planet: 1st
Disease Detectives: 5th
Anatomy: 6th

Team Place: 4th

Return to “2013 Study Events”