Mission Possible B

simoncao
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Lead

Post by simoncao »

I was just thinking... What if you have a weight/mass, like one of those that science teachers put on their scales to demonstrate how to measure mass, and it is filled with small metal beads. I do not know if the beads are made out of lead or not. Will the judges give you the benefit of the doubt because there is no way to be sure if its lead or not? or will they automatically mark you for that?
DatScienceKid
State: WI

Re: Please help!

Post by DatScienceKid »

goodcheer wrote:
MaJIk_wIZrD wrote:Yes i have 3 motors. But how do you suggest i go about with the final task? Should i use a scissor lift or something else?
Scissor lift is possible. Look at a common car jack; most of them operate using a scissor lift. A screw is turned in a horizontal position and the load is lifted vertically. But you can also use just a screw in a vertical position and let the platform rise up the threads as the screw is turned.
What me and my partners did was set up a pulley system and make it lift up the platform. We had electronic gears lifting it, though. Please no copy! :oops:
Third year!

Disease Detectives, Bio Process Lab, Experimental Design

(Former) Reach for the Stars, Mission Possible, Sounds of Music, Water Quality, Solar Systems, Heredity
AlvinW
Division: B
State: NY

task c

Post by AlvinW »

what kind of devices may you use to push a object 10 cm with the force of moving air
megamorpher
State: NY

Re: Lead

Post by megamorpher »

The problem is why do u need the lead. If you know ultimately that they are not going to allow it, why use it? There are many substitutes that may have the qualities you need from lead. But if you are persistent, you can still make an official claim, but you just gotta hope that it works.
Jkwashbourne

Re: task c

Post by Jkwashbourne »

We used a fan to move a small plastic "boat" on a "pond" (box of water).

Another idea might be to move a ball bearing that just fits inside a hose.
A Person
Division: Grad
State: KY
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by A Person »

Jkwashbourne wrote:We used a fan to move a small plastic "boat" on a "pond" (box of water).
Please note that (I think) no liquids are allowed.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
Jkwashbourne

Post by Jkwashbourne »

The rules say that hazardous liquids are not permitted. Seems a stretch to classify water as hazardous in such a small quantity.
Splicerblade
State: NJ

Re: Mission Possible B

Post by Splicerblade »

I am not clear about " 3rd class lever can't touch an object at the beginning or end of the task". Please help me to visualize this.
DatScienceKid
State: WI

Post by DatScienceKid »

Okay, so it's still my first year doing this. I made some plans, and if all would go well, we would be awarded about 800 points. Is that a little, or a lot? Please? If so, we shalt win for sure :twisted:
Third year!

Disease Detectives, Bio Process Lab, Experimental Design

(Former) Reach for the Stars, Mission Possible, Sounds of Music, Water Quality, Solar Systems, Heredity
hogger

Post by hogger »

Splicerblade wrote:I am not clear about " 3rd class lever can't touch an object at the beginning or end of the task". Please help me to visualize this.
For example, a catapult that is released and hit a ball hanging at the end of a string, the ball swings up at least 15 cm to cause other action.

Return to “Mission Possible B”