Thank you! Should I list it like this?
1. coin drops through a pipe
2. coin completes a circuit to turn on fan
3. air blows car down track
1. coin drops through the pipe and completes a circuit to turn on fan
2. air blows car down track
Thank you again for your opinion.
It seems to me that if you list it the first way, you violate 3.b.v because the coin is used twice, and if you list it the second way you don't get the points for the start task, because it activates a scoreable task.
My interpretation of the wording is that object cannot be used in more than one "assigned" task. So a way out might be:
1. coin drops (assigned task a)
2. coin travels through pipe to complete circuit (non-scorable and not an assigned task)
3. circuit turns on fan that blows car down the track (assigned task c)
BTW, what is the penalty for violating this rule? No points for both tasks that use the same object? Or is it a construction violation meaning the device is put in tier 3?