weights/masses &lead

simoncao
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

weights/masses &lead

Post by simoncao »

According the the rules, lead can't be present on your device. What if you're using weights/masses that could be filled with lead but you don't know? Do the guys checking the device have a way to find out? Will they give you the benefit of the doubt? I think the main reason that they have that rule is for safety. So shouldn't masses filled with lead be perfectly safe anyways? After all, science teachers use them in class rooms.
Skink
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: IL
Has thanked: 0

Re: weights/masses &lead

Post by Skink »

Skink wrote:If you feel strongly about the issue, submit an Official Clarification. I do want to ask you a question, though: does your weight suddenly stop being made of lead when you contain it as suggested? Follow-up: does a rat-trap (also used as a specific example of a 3.d. hazardous substance or object ban) cease being a rat-trap if you contain it? I believe you have your answer there.
I wrote the above to someone else specifically asking about lead weights. Your scenario is slightly different; you aren't sure. The supervisor, therefore, cannot be sure, either, I imagine. I am unsure what would be the result of that. Not knowing what is in your box could be an issue, but I can definitely see folks overlooking it, too. The best option would be to use objects that you know the constitution of, though, again, it seems possible to get away with this. I cannot say how individual supervisors will rule.

Return to “Mission Possible B”