rule 3.b.V and starting task

simoncao
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

rule 3.b.V and starting task

Post by simoncao »

For my starting task, I drop a quarter into the device, and then it rolls down a ramp to hit a golfball which falls. Does the quarter dropping and the rolling count as 2 separate tasks? Would the judges catch me for that? (rule 4.b.V)
goodcheer
Division: B
State: KY
Has thanked: 0

Re: rule 3.b.V and starting task

Post by goodcheer »

simoncao wrote:For my starting task, I drop a quarter into the device, and then it rolls down a ramp to hit a golfball which falls. Does the quarter dropping and the rolling count as 2 separate tasks? Would the judges catch me for that? (rule 4.b.V)
In my opinion, dropping and rolling of the quarter would count as one action, but it sounds like you have a legal start task without counting it as 2 separate tasks, unless I'm missing something. Task 1a: drop a quarter which rolls down a ramp and hits a golfball. Next step: golfball falls, nonscorable, thus fulfilling rule 4a. What does the golfball do next? Since rule 3bv is mentioned, it might be better if the golfball did something nonscorable like hit a lever which causes the next scorable task. The golfball could then be viewed as being used in the starting task, but not used in the next "assigned task." Although there has been some bewilderment expressed about rule 3bv. Good luck.

Return to “Mission Possible B”