Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: TX
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Texas 2013

Post by harryk »

iwonder wrote:Woods has been doing really well in the last few years, so I'd completely expect to see them up top again(But, being from falls, I hope we beat them :D )
Awe... :D

I will admit that we've not been doing so hot this year. We(meaning I, since I'm the only one with background knowledge) had to almost completely rebuild our program with a new teacher and almost all new students. But I still expect us to show up at State like we usually do ;)

My prediction:
1. Seven Lakes
2. LASA
3. Cy Woods
4. Clements
5. Cy Falls

I'm looking forward to a big show-down between Seven Lakes and LASA this year, both at State and Nats. I expect them both to be top ten at Nats this year. As for the 3rd-5th, really it could be in any order, those three teams have been and probably still are very closely matched.
Colorado School of Mines
"Yes, he likes that; Alfie! Though personally he prefers to be called Stormaggedon, Dark Lord of All" - The Doctor, Closing Time
iwonder
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Post by iwonder »

That sounds reasonable, thought Clements did beat us at regionals, but a bunch of us(like, 5 of out state team members) couldn't make it, so there's that to consider... I'm not completely convinced that you'll get third, but as you said, it could be in any order.
'If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room' - Unknown
jacobxc
Division: C

Post by jacobxc »

I don't know why all you CyWoods people are placing yourself so high. Because if you look at past invitational rankings CyFall, Kingwood, Clements, and Katy has ranked better than you in more invitationals. Also Austin Area Homeschoolers and Westwood are pretty good too. So I am not trying to sound rude, but from looking at the stats i feel CyWoods would not be in the top 5.
Real atheletes run miles not yards
iwonder
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Post by iwonder »

First off, to my knowledge there's only one cywoods kid here... Just clarifying :P

And they've historically done well at states, and we really don't have many full invites to compare people with, ours is really early on, Greenhills about the only one I think, and if I recall they did well...

Just out of curiosity what have you been looking at for invites? Also keep in mind the we typically beat Wooods by a fair margin in districts, which we did, but they come back at states to beat us again... So there's that to consider.
harryk
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by harryk »

jacobxc wrote:I don't know why all you CyWoods people are placing yourself so high. Because if you look at past invitational rankings CyFall, Kingwood, Clements, and Katy has ranked better than you in more invitationals. Also Austin Area Homeschoolers and Westwood are pretty good too. So I am not trying to sound rude, but from looking at the stats i feel CyWoods would not be in the top 5.
Look at the stats from State the last couple years ;) We've placed 2nd, 3rd, and 4th the last three years. We don't traditionally do well at invitationals, for many different reasons. Biggest which are the somewhat lack of organization so early on, and when we organize teams for invitationals we try to get everybody in the events they want to do and thus the teams don't do well overall.
Colorado School of Mines
"Yes, he likes that; Alfie! Though personally he prefers to be called Stormaggedon, Dark Lord of All" - The Doctor, Closing Time
asquaredplusb

Post by asquaredplusb »

How set in stone are the top 5 for Division C right now? (Essentially asking, are these top 5 teams so good it would be highly difficult to beat them?)
iwonder
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Post by iwonder »

The top two are pretty much set in stone at this point... It's possible to break into the other 3 however, no need to be discouraged!
jacobxc

Post by jacobxc »

harryk wrote:
jacobxc wrote:I don't know why all you CyWoods people are placing yourself so high. Because if you look at past invitational rankings CyFall, Kingwood, Clements, and Katy has ranked better than you in more invitationals. Also Austin Area Homeschoolers and Westwood are pretty good too. So I am not trying to sound rude, but from looking at the stats i feel CyWoods would not be in the top 5.
Look at the stats from State the last couple years ;) We've placed 2nd, 3rd, and 4th the last three years. We don't traditionally do well at invitationals, for many different reasons. Biggest which are the somewhat lack of organization so early on, and when we organize teams for invitationals we try to get everybody in the events they want to do and thus the teams don't do well overall.
Valid point, looks like i need to compare past state results into my guesses.
Real atheletes run miles not yards
xtra_random

Post by xtra_random »

Personally as long as Lasa doesn't win 1st again I'll be happy. No offense to anyone from Lasa
Barker

Post by Barker »

Oh how you wound me
TREES!

Return to “2013 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”